“Excellent bread and pizza”
Review of New Day Bakery - CLOSED

New Day Bakery
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We first encountered this bakery at the downtown Farmers' Market where they were selling bread that was just made that morning. Very good bread of several varieties: 7-grain, olive rosemary, rustic Italian, whole grain blue cheese, and others. We have since visited their bakery for other breads. New Day bakery is now our regular source for bread.

The big surprise was their pizza which is some of the best I've ever had in my 63 years on this planet. I especially like their whole grain crust. Many choices of toppings. NOT greasy.

As long as we are in Morgantown we will be going back for bread and pizza. Oh yeh, the scones are good too.

The bakery itself has very little seating. This is really a take-out establishment.

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

I don't even know where to start. The fair trade coffee is amazing. I always get the Highlander Grog. They also sell the beans, so I pick that up for days I can't make it over to buy a cup. Their scones are wonderful. My favorites are cheddar apple, spinach and feta, and blueberry cream cheese. Every week we buy a whole wheat loaf for our sandwiches, but the true treat is the stuffed ciabatta. Usually we get a roasted red pepper, cheddar and mushroom one. We have that on a Friday evening with some kalamata olive spread and wine. What a treat!! You can't forget the fantastic cookies they bake. Try the one with oatmeal, choc chips and almonds or the pumpkin oatmeal. YUM!!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Gourmet Pizza is Excellent...nice change from all the traditional commerical pizza. A bit pricey but worth it!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We love their cranberry walnut bread; I like mine toasted! In addition to buying a loaf of this bread during our recent visit, we thought we would try the scones as they looked good on display. What a disappointment! We got two, the apple pie and asiago cheese/pear varieties. Both were cake-like in texture and had virtually no flavor. I can't imagine how previous reviewers enjoyed them. I guess we will stick with their breads which are always good.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Be sure to try their weekend pizza specials. All of their breads are good too, the ones with the fruit are my favorite. I like that they are active on FB and post their baking schedule so you know what is available and fresh and can plan accordingly.