“Awesome Japanese Sushi in Morgantown, WV AAAA++++++++++++++”

Ogawa Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 302 Restaurants in Morgantown
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This is a pleasant surprise! Had an appointment at Ruby Memorial (WVu hospital) and took a different street. Wow, and double wow! Don't be tricked by the simple appearance outside, just get parked and get INSIDE! A complete sushi menu. Also a big selection of cooked fish rolls as weell. Then there is the "lunch" items and noodle entrees. This chef really knows how to make a beautiful sushi plate. All the sushi is very fresh, very tasty. I plan on going back again and again! My daughter has been to Japan 3 times and I plan on taking her to enjoy and remember good times and good food enjoyed in Japan. She will definately appreciate going to this restaurant! Thanks for a wonderful experience!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Wonderfully fresh fish and creative rolls make the sushi at Ogawa a great meal. We don't think of sushi and Morgantownin the same sentence, but this place defies that logic. Try it out!

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Food was very good. It was freshly made and imaginative. Parking was difficult but will definitely go again

Reviewed June 26, 2012

This spot was very quiet for lunch with a friend. There was only one other table in the restaurant. Our server had some difficulty understanding us, or vice versa. The manager (?) brought us a complimentary side/appetizer, which I found to be very welcoming and great customer service. The sushi was well constructed and tasty at reasonable prices. My one complaint is parking for this establishment. There are a few spots out front; however, the small parking lot adjoins the busy University Avenue. This means there is no room to turn around and you must either back into or out of your space directly off of or into University Avenue. At peak traffic times, this is nearly impossible. There is a sign indicating additional parking in the rear; however, I circled the building and nearby streets twice and couldn't find this area. The only other parking I found was for nearby rentals or other businesses with signage indicating others would be towed.

Reviewed April 18, 2012

I couldn't help but compare this sushi place to the other newer sushi restaurant called Volcano. The prices weren't as good here nor was the service. I felt rushed by the waiter, who wouldn't stop coming up when we clearly weren't ready, and he took plates too soon. They were friendly however, and the atmosphere was nicely decorated with Japanese masks, figurines, etc.

The sushi tasted good, but the price wasn't too great. I personally recommend going to Volcano instead for lunch specials at least, but Ogawa can take 2nd place in Morgantown.