“Nice weekend”

Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa
Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Morgantown
Reviewed November 2, 2010

Did a golf weekend package. No complaints whatsoever. Golf course was great, food was good and service was excellent. Will do it again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa

Reviewed November 1, 2010

Overall, not a bad hotel especially for the price (~$50). If I paid full price, I would have not been happy. Obviously one is paying for the location to be right at a nice golf course and not for the room (and that is okay if you are planning to golf - I wasn't there to play golf). To me the room was akin to a Holiday Inn Express - not a 3.5 star hotel! No frig and the TV was on the small side - again no big deal if there to play golf! One complaint was a basic/simple house keeeping 101 issue - there was no hand soap, shampoo,etc,, in the room when I arrived; however the they did promptlly bring me up some (after I already attempted to take a shower!). The breakfast buffet was pretty good but no fresh cut up fruit, just whole apples, oranges and bananas.

If you planning to go to Cooper's State Forest, it is only 5 minutes away. If going to WVU, it is an easy 15-ish minute drive (non-game day!). There is limited restaurants close by that I saw.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 25, 2010

I spent a golf weekend at Lakeview with 3 of my friends. Both golf courses were in awesome condition and we had a blast at night on the tiki deck in Legends. After breakfast on Sunday we relaxed at the outdoor pool before heading home. It was an excellent guys weekend.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
drummer4, General Manager at Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2010

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us. We are proud of our award winning service. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 24, 2010

My two children and I visited on the way home from Charlotte. The outdoor pool was great for the kids and they were able to rock climb in your fitness center. The food was great as well. We ate in Legends and the kids menu was just right for them. We had an awesome time and would definitely return for a scheduled visit next time.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2010

supposedly this "resort" was 3.5 stars according to William Shatner's favorite web site. We booked it for a trip on our way to the midwest. won a bid for $50. Not worth a dime more. Old property, indifferent staff, and plenty of stairs to lug your luggage when you arrive late in the evening. Breakfast was not free, and not cheap, so we went to an IHOP located at the next exit.
This property is basically a one star property that has golf as its attraction. My only lake view came by returning to the main building and looking from one of the ballrooms. If you are not a golfer, just make sure you are interested in that nice 1950's styling that predominates this "resort". At least in the 1950's, they believed in service but this staff was not able to understand the word "service".

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ndalum
Reviewed August 18, 2010

My recent visit to Morgantown was enhanced by the hospitality I received at the Lakeview resort. I travel at least twenty weeks a year on business and appreciated the kind and sincere reception I received at Lakeview. The golf course was in great shape, the staff at the fitness center were friendly, and the overall atmosphere was positive. I am impressed that such a resort exists in West Virginia.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
drummer4, General Manager at Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2010

Thank you for your kind review. We take pride in our award winning staff and service and are glad we could make your stay rewarding. We hope to see you again in the very near future. Thank you again for making the Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa your destination.

Best Regards

Reviewed August 18, 2010

I recently stayed at Lakeview with my husband for a friends wedding and golf. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean. Food at the wedding was excellent, and the ballroom where the wedding was held had a beautiful view of nearby Cheat Lake. After the wedding much of our group moved to Ledgends, one of the hotels restaurants, and we were able to spend time outside on the deck over looking the golf course. I was pleased with the menu and beverage selection. The next day, we played a round of golf. The course is beautiful, and very well maintained. As and avid exerciser, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that they offer a full gym as their fitness center (Nautilus equipment, free weights, classes, the works). I would definately stay here again and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple