Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa
$94
$87
Hampton.com
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel(Morgantown)(Great Value!)
$89
SuburbanHotels
$115
$103
GardenInn.com
$76
Clarion Hotel Morgan(Morgantown)(Great Value!)
$134
$109
$93
$109
$98
All reviewspro shopcheat lakefitness centerlegends restaurantprime ribthe general managerbreakfast buffetthis past weekendwest virginiamorgantown areaweddingeventdownsbanquetsharkyaccommodationsrounds
Reviewed May 2, 2007

This was a wedding we attended. I booked two rooms on the phone, for three weekend nights. To summarize up front, I give it a barely average. The rooms weren't big, at 15x27, including bath and closet. The furnishing and beds were just average. Good news: there was a room safe, the bathroom fittings were above average, and the fitness center was big, free, staffed and very good. Bad news, the housekeeping staff was not up to servicing a full hotel. One example, the rooms were partly serviced at 10am but no clean towels appeared until we complained at 6pm. This is a mid-level golfers resort, and they, the golfers, dominate the lobby, mostly. I wouldn't recommend it for couples or family. OK for golf trips with buddies. Nice food and ambiance at the wedding reception, though.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed October 17, 2006

My Family and I recently visited this local resort in WV and were totally WOW'D by the hospitality they had.
Upon contacting the resort I learned of the new renovations that had taken place and upon arrival I was very impressed by them. The newwly renovated restaurant Fusion is a must to every guest. They offer both breakfast and dinner and the food and service were, well remarkable. From check in to departure the experience was a very memorable one for the entire family. It was a visit we will chersih and hope to make a yearly event.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 16, 2006

I didn't want to stay at Lakeview for the wedding, because I live in the area, but it was awesome! The reception was in Reflections Ballroom, which I think used to be a resturant. It overlooked Cheat Lake and the room was decorated so pretty with these great fall center pieces. The wedding was so elegant! the ceremony was on the golf course and it was so romantic. I had a wonderful time! The food was really good, although the twiced baked potatoes were dry. My room was super nice. The bedspread seemed new and the carpets must have just been put in. The staff was really helpful. I just had a wonderful time. I want to have my wedding there!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
Reviewed October 15, 2006

I recently held a meeting at this property and would recommend it for your next meeting. The staff was very friendly and attentive to our needs. We had our dinner in their newly renovated ballroom and it was great. It has a beautiful view of the lake. We were coming from Pittsburgh so a lot of our guests stayed overnight as well. Everyone seemed pleased with their accommodations. We have this meeting on a annual basis and will be looking at Lakeview for next years event as well.

Stayed: October 2006
Reviewed October 14, 2006

Had the opportunity of staying at this property during a conference and wasn't really looking forward to it because of a past experience several years ago.

What a nice surprise! Our room had been renovated since my last visit and a wonderful new restaurant had been added as well. The staff was friendly and very helpful, the hotel very clean and the golf course a delight to play. (It helped that our weather was great!)

The property had gone through several other up-dates to our meeting areas and definitely showed an improved attention to detail. We'll be back.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)