This was a wedding we attended. I booked two rooms on the phone, for three weekend nights. To summarize up front, I give it a barely average. The rooms weren't big, at 15x27, including bath and closet. The furnishing and beds were just average. Good news: there was a room safe, the bathroom fittings were above average, and the fitness center was big, free, staffed and very good. Bad news, the housekeeping staff was not up to servicing a full hotel. One example, the rooms were partly serviced at 10am but no clean towels appeared until we complained at 6pm. This is a mid-level golfers resort, and they, the golfers, dominate the lobby, mostly. I wouldn't recommend it for couples or family. OK for golf trips with buddies. Nice food and ambiance at the wedding reception, though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- West Virginia’s Top Family Resort. Nestled in the rolling hills of West Virginia and only 10 miles south of the Pennsylvania border, Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa is one of the Mid-Atlantic’s premier golf resort destinations. On 500 pristine acres sits two championship West Virginia golf courses, great accommodations, unforgettable weddings, productive meetings and fun for the whole family. We offer a variety of West Virginia's best stay and play golf packages including golf, accommodations and dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelClick, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lakeview Scanticon Hotel Morgantown
- Lakeview Scanticon Resort