Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel(Morgantown)(Great Value!)
Euro-Suites Hotel(Morgantown)
Hotels.com
$129
$119
Fairfield Inn
All reviewspro shopcheat lakefitness centerlegends restaurantprime ribthe general managerbreakfast buffetthis past weekendwest virginiamorgantown areaweddingeventdownsbanquetsharkyaccommodationsrounds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 1, 2010

The hotel on line does not match the reality of this nightmare!!! Filthy , nasty 3.5 star mess. Lakeview Resort should be moved to 1 star status. False advertising!!!
The sheets don't even fit on the bed. Bathroom was filty and disgusting with pee on floor behind toilet.Hair stuck to ceiling and broken curtains. YUK! Nothing is included. The hotel has some "amenities" BUT you have to Pay extra for them: tennis, gym you name it.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2010

My husband and I won a three day two night golf package to Lakeview. I agree with some of the other comments that the rooms need updating. However, the golf course was very very nice. We played free but I noticed the rate for a guest was around $50 which is a great deal given the beauty of the course and the excellent shape they keep the course. We only had a chance to play the mountain course, I'm sure the lake course is beautiful also. I didn't get to the fitness center but it looked very nice and apparently has a lot of local members. I guess because I've been to some really nice resorts out in Arizona I have a real hard time classifying Lakeview as a "resort". It's more like a really great golf course with a so so hotel next door. Only the sports bar was open while we were there so we only ate lunch on site. They make their chips from scratch and they were so good I asked the waitress the brand because I wanted to buy some. That's how I found out they were home made. The bar/grill is on the pricey side, but it's convenient. Same for breakfast, the buffet was $12, it was fairly limited, bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, potatoes, danishes. Granted there was enough to satisfy but there weren't as many choices as I would like to see for $12. Everyone we dealt with from the front desk person to the pro shop were polite, professional and very helpful. I'm not sure what a package would cost if you paid for it, but assuming it's reasonable I think this is a great location for a group of golfers to stay for a few days. One final note, the spa is actually located well before you get to the hotel. It also looked very nice, but we did not have time for any spa services.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2010

We were at Lakeview for a banquet. The best part of this hotel is it is close to Morgantown. I was not impressed with everything else. It is old and run down. The hallway ceilings are very very low. I am 5'3 and I felt like I needed to duck. It also had a strange smell. The rooms were very very small and dark. We had no room for a pack n play. Not enough room for 2 adults, let alone a 13 month old. He went straight for the outlets, which were not covered. Not a child friendly place. They gave us 2 full beds, not enough bed space for my husband and I, let alone adding our toddler. My husband spent the night in the other bed. The pillows were flat but the bed was comfortable. The air unit was loud and pumped the cold air, regardless of what we set it to. The tv and remote were old too. We could not read the numbers on the remote. During our breakfast event, we were the very last table served, even though we were the family table. The wait staff seemed to have no clue how to handle a child. It took nearly 30 mins to get a high chair, plus one of the servers tried to put a hot plate and silverware in front of my son! I mean seriously, who thinks that is a good idea. I was soo happy to get out of there!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank wvugirl2005
Reviewed April 25, 2010

We got to this hotel at about 9:00 pm or so and left the next morning so we didn't do much exploring. We treated it as a hotel to stay the night instead of a resort. It was adequate. The room was like an older 2.5 star hotel and didn't seem like much of a resort (can't comment on the bar, restaurant, golf course, etc.), but it was nice enough for one night.

We stayed using Priceline...no idea how much the rooms go for at full price.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2010

I went to my company's holiday party that had originally had been planned in December. We had to reschedule because of the snow storm. It was actually more fun in January because the craziness of the holidays was overwith and we just enjoyed ourselves! The food was amazing, the service was great and our rooms were comfy! It was nice to be able to party as much as we wanted and then just head up to our room. The next morning we went down for a continental breakfast which include Starbucks Coffee! My favorite! It was an absolutely amazing time and I will never forget it!

• Stayed: January 2010