Just stayed at Lakeview prior to moving our son into Freshman year at WVU. The staff was wonderful; the food average; the service...lacking in some areas. If you're a golfer, this place is great. Showing it's age a bit, but well maintained. Service in the "sports bar" great if you're at the bar; for a sandwich it felt as if we were non-existant as after 20 minutes we had not yet been approached. Dinner prime rib buffet is pretty good; the breakfast buffet is excellent and reasonably priced. In summary, I would give it a 5 or 6 out or 10, as you just can't depend on anything being really good or really bad. It struck me as odd that it was the only hotel in Morgantown area that had rooms available on short notice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- West Virginia’s Top Family Resort. Nestled in the rolling hills of West Virginia and only 10 miles south of the Pennsylvania border, Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa is one of the Mid-Atlantic’s premier golf resort destinations. On 500 pristine acres sits two championship West Virginia golf courses, great accommodations, unforgettable weddings, productive meetings and fun for the whole family. We offer a variety of West Virginia's best stay and play golf packages including golf, accommodations and dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lakeview Scanticon Hotel Morgantown
- Lakeview Scanticon Resort