All reviews cheat lake fitness center hot tub west virginia wedding event legend downs banquet rounds accommodations rachel wv graduation
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I thought this place was updated. I asked upon reserving the room if all rooms were updated. I was told yes and if this is updated I will never be back. Very bad smell. No outlets. Spider webs. Just feels disgusting. Leaving tomorrow for another hotel. Smells like smoker have lived here for 10 years. Awful awful smell. Can't wait to get out of here.

Date of stay: September 2013
Stefanie A, Director of Sales at Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Lakeview would like to apologize for your current stay at the resort and given the wrong information upon making your reservation. The resort is currently going through our room renovation, and it will be completed by the end of the year. Next time you are in Morgantown we hope that you chose to stay at Lakeview and experience the changes that have happened.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

My wife and I attended a wedding recently at the Lakeview Resort and were blown away by the staff and the resort itself. So much so that I have booked another weekend in October to take advantage of the golf. Thanks the to team at Lakeview for seemingly anticipating all of our needs.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Stefanie A, Director of Sales at Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Lakeview is happy to hear that you had a great experience with your stay and wedding attendance, we pride ourselves on guest satisfaction and lasting impressions. We look forward to seeing you in October!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I recently took my wife and family to a UVA football game and stayed at Lakeview Resort. Could not have asked for a better time! The Kids loved the food, my wife loved the bar and spa and I got to see my favorite team and play some golf with some old alumni buddies! This property has recently gone thru a nice renovation and I loved the improvements they made; the rooms were nicely decorated, comfortable, very quiet and extremely clean!! The staff was the best and provided not only quick and friendly service but offered great recommendations on the sites and places to see outside the resort!

Will be back soon for sure!

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank stevenkeup
Stefanie A, Director of Sales at Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Lakeview is happy to hear that you and your family had a wonderful stay while here at the resort, as well as enjoying our activities. We look forward to your return in the future and hopefully you will have a chance to play both of our courses.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We reserved a room for 1 king or queen room and was given a room that was old and moldy with 2 twins. There was paint and ceiling failing down in the room. The 80s called and want the phone and TV back. When asked to change rooms due to the odor and rhe atate of the room all I got was a sorry. The real kicker was that our ac unit started to smoke at around midnight and set off the fire alarm. Still no help except keep it off.

Let's just say we will not be back to stay here. I am very disappointed in what was supposed to be a nice establishment.

1  Thank Aaron-WVU

Lakeview would like to apologize for any disappointment that you had during your stay, the resort is currently under renovation and in the process to get all of the rooms completed. We would love to get a chance to host your lodging needs in the future when you return to Morgantown so you can experience the changes the resort and rooms have gone through.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is makes 2 times we have been the this hotel in the past few months and I have to say that this was great. We when up for the game and because the first time was vary good we went back.we where not disappeared if is heard to work at that level all the time but thou have it going on. The staff was just as good if not better than the last time. We had a condo and that was nice we had more room for the FAM and the pools are great. We will be back in November for a game and I now that it will be great:)

Date of stay: August 2013
1  Thank jt1908

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, Lakeview is glad to hear that you have now made our resort your "home away from home" when traveling to Morgantown. We look forward to seeing you and your Family in November.