All reviewscheat lakefitness centerweddingeventlegenddownsbanquetsharkyaccommodationsroundsballroomcartgraduation
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very quiet, and nice. Queen beds would have been nice, but we managed ok. I wish they would have told us how far away our room was from the main entrance. The food could have been better for the price for breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Stefanie A, Director of Sales at Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Lakeview's staff and management would like to thank youfor taking the time to write your review, we are glad to see that your stay was delightful. We also want to thank you for the suggestions we will be sure to make sure that our staff takes the extra strives to make sure they are giving helpful information.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

The first room we were given was disgusting. There was an odor of mold that hit our nose as soon as we opened the door. Once inside, only one light worked and we noticed ceiling droppings on one of the chairs. There were spots of mold all over the ceiling. I was like "hell no, I AM NOT STAYING HERE." The desk clerk was very helpful and gave us a new room. The new room was larger and one of the redecorated rooms they show on their website. I had my 83 yr old mother, 2 young grandchildren and my husband whom is recovering from a heart attack with me. I could not have stayed if they could not have offered an acceptable room. They do not have a refrigerator in the rooms but offer them at 10 $ per night. I explained we needed one to accommodate my husbands special diet. They did not have one avail the first night but brought one to us the next afternoon and did not charge us for it. The pools were great for the kids. The staff was
fantastic! The golfing was amazing (not mine but the courses and the views!). The bar was nice. We only stayed for one drink since I was the only one drinking - thanks honey! We did not eat there so I cannot comment but smelled great! All in all thinking about getting a group of girlfriends together for next year to come on down for a long weekend. Hope they get the remaining rooms cleaned up and remodeled!

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for taking the time and writing about your stay, Lakeview is happy to hear that we were able to have you stay in one of our renovated rooms. The resort is in the process of getting all of the rooms completed and will be done in plenty of time next year when you visit with your girlfriends for a long weekend! We look forward to seeing you!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Love this place. The beauty of WV mountains and lakes shine here. Recently stayed in a condo at Lakeview for a girls weekend. We all had a blast. All the staff we encountered, especially one of the managers, Justin Reedy, went out of their way to make sure our stay was comfortable and enjoyable. Our place was clean and tables set up as we had requested for scrapbooking. They even provided us with cold drinks. We even watched a beautiful outside wedding that was going on a the resort. If you ever need a place today, a relaxing weekend away, even if you are from the area, this is the place to go. Thanks Lakeview staff.

Room Tip: Ask for Justin Reedy, he will make sure you receive the best accommodations to fit your needs.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Stefanie A, Director of Sales at Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Lakeview would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your enjoyable experience, Justin was happy to hear that he made a impact on your stay. Anytime you are in Morgantown to stay over night or just a day visit, please stop by and see us!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Dropped my son off for his freshmen year at West Virginia and needless to say it was very difficult to get a good hotel room. Booked the Lakeview Scanticon at the last minute and it was the best decision I made. This place was great, service was awesome, food was very good, huge fitness facility with basketball court. Oh and did I say golf course as well can’t wait to go back and visit my son again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Stefanie A, Director of Sales at Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Lakeview is happy to hear that your travel experience was one to remember, and we were able to relieve some of the stress of dropping your child off at college. We look forward to hosting your future travel needs.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed at Lakeview earlier this year during a trip to Morgantown. The resort is nestled quietly on Morgantown's Cheat Lake and about 10-15 minutes away from WVU's main campus. Upon check-in, I was informed that I was going to be upgraded free of charge to the Governor's Suite, which, as you can imagine, was a pleasant surprise. I immediately took notice of the pleasantry of the entire staff. They all went out of their way to make sure my stay was a pleasant experience, and they were more than helpful with anything I needed. The golf course is pretty nice and the sports bar and deck had a good atmosphere the weekend I stayed. It is true that some of the amenities are in need of updating, but I understood that is in the works. If you are interested in a nice, scenic, quiet getaway, perhaps visiting WVU, and enjoy a nice round of golf, there's no better place around Morgantown.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write your kind words, Lakeview staff and management take pride in our guests experiences and make it our quailty of service to go above and beyond. We look forward to hosting your needs in the future.