Like another reviewer, stayed here (one night) to get my son checked into WVU. Yikes. Felt like I was in an 80's time-warp...seems the focus here is on weddings and golf. They could focus a bit more on updating the hotel part -- paint the buildings, update the furniture, run a de-humidifier. Claustrophobic low ceiling in my room. If I had been over 6 foot tall, I would not have fit in the shower.... Paid ahead for a breakfast buffet package and was underwhelmed (I should have known better). Bed comfy and I slept well (super quiet but I think that's because nobody else was staying there -- apparently they got the memo!!!). I really wanted to like it but thankfully the Marriott had a room for my second night, closer to town and a "free" breakfast. Lesson learned (to the tune of $190+).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- West Virginia’s Top Family Resort. Nestled in the rolling hills of West Virginia and only 10 miles south of the Pennsylvania border, Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa is one of the Mid-Atlantic’s premier golf resort destinations. On 500 pristine acres sits two championship West Virginia golf courses, great accommodations, unforgettable weddings, productive meetings and fun for the whole family. We offer a variety of West Virginia's best stay and play golf packages including golf, accommodations and dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, TravelClick, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lakeview Scanticon Hotel Morgantown
- Lakeview Scanticon Resort