All reviewscheat lakefitness centerweddingeventlegenddownsbanquetaccommodationsroundsballroomcartgraduation
Reviewed August 19, 2013

After spending a long July weekend at Lakeview I didn't want to go home. I have stayed there multiple times in the past for my job and enjoyed my stays however this time exceeded all others. I was very surprised to walk in and find a newly renovated lobby but even more excited when I got to the room. COMPLETELY RENOVATED! I hadn't had any major complaints in the past but I will admit the rooms were a little outdated. It was the best night of sleep I have experienced in a long time. On my way down to the bar that evening I was confronted by a man in a suit who I assumed worked at the hotel. He went on to ask me how my stay was going and was very attentive to all of my needs when I explained I had mistakenly forgot my toothbrush at the last hotel. He rushed into the back office and came out with all of the necessities (even mouthwash which I didn't ask for!). It wasn't until after dinner that I realized he was the General Manager of the hotel. It was so nice to realize that he cared so much about his guests. He went above and beyond to fulfill my needs and make sure I had a wonderful experience while staying at Lakeview. I wish other hotels had the cordial staff that Lakeview does. I travel 5 times a month and have never been treated so kindly. The service was simply amazing. I can't wait to bring my family back in the fall! Thank you Lakeview!!

Room Tip: Rooms on top floor give you an amazing view of the golf course! I highly recommend them :)
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Stefanie A, Director of Sales at Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Lakeview would like to Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we are hapy to hear that you had a very relaxing stay and got to enjoy one of our renovated rooms. We look forward to seeing you in the future and experience the great changes the resort is still undergoing.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Me and my fiance attended the 1998 north marion class reunion at lakeview resort. to be honest, it was completely wonderful. the service was wonderful the food was outstanding. we stayed in the resort and it was very clean and neat. from my understanding they just renovated the rooms and it was very pleasant. we had lunch at legends the next afternoon and the specials were excellent and service was top notch. i highly recommend this establishment for any occasion.

Room Tip: the rooms with the king beds are wonderful
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Lakeview is glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and event while visiting old friends, we had a wonderful time hosting North Marion and all their guests and look forward to doing future events.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Hit the facility for two nights recently in the middle of a long road trip. The staff took care of me like I was a long lost family member and went out of their way to assure that I was comfortable. It started the moment I stepped up to the front desk and mentioned I hoped to be in a quiet area. No issue there since and they made it happen. Loved the laid back feel of the place and the comfort and cleanliness of the rooms. A big plus for me was that a top notch fitness center is on-site and running on the golf course is fine if it's done at a reasonable time of day. The out back view of Cheat Lake is absolutely Awesome and the food is great!

Room Tip: A large parking area fronts the buildings so if you want a great view and super quiet ask for the lakeside facing rooms where you can kickback and chill.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review about your stay, Lakeview is happy to hear that your experience was rememberable and you got a chance to relax and enjoy our fitness center. We look forward to hosting your traveling needs in the future.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Attended a golf outing there with several friends. The rooms were just your standard motel room, nothing special. No refrigerator was a minus in my eyes. The light behind the easy chair wasn't plugged in, and there was no where to plug it in. Also behind the chair was a pile of unidentified white shavings. The housekeeping left a lot to be desired, we were there several days. The housekeeping personnel would ask you if you wanted anything, and seemed put out if you wanted your bed made, if you didn't ask it wasn't made.. Getting fresh towels was also a chore. We had to get our room key reactivated four times.

The food left a lot to be desired, our group had a total of five buffets, two breakfast, two dinner, and a luncheon buffet. Cold French Toast, the prime rib was so tough that most people didn't eat it.

The bar was expensive, $7.50 for a mixed drink, but the bar staff was friendly.

The golf course was challenging, the cart paths need a lot of work. All and all the course was very nice.

Our group will be returning there next year, so I'll just have to tough it out again next year.

Room Tip: Try staying in the low 200's, we stayed in the 220 wing, it was a long walk, and we were much closer than most.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Lakeview would like to apologize for your unsatisfactory stay during your golf outing. The resort is currently going through renovation changes in order to improve our guests needs. Our standards are not at all excepted to the level of your experience and we thank you for your review so we are able to take the proper measures.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

My Wife and I stayed for a wedding in August and absolutely felt right at home. From the greeting at check-in to the casual encounters in the hallways, we felt like we were part of the family dealing with everyone there. Truly some of the friendliest and outgoing staff. Only thing that didn't make it perfect was the WV weather. Not warm for August. I do suggest Lakeview to anyone as well as a great golf course to see the beautiful West Virginia Mountains!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Stefanie A, Director of Sales at Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Lakeview is happy to hear that you and your family had a wonderful time while attending a wedding at the resort! Unfortunately it sounds that the weather was not on your side, hopefully you have a chance to travel back to Morgantown and experience the warmth!