“NEVER AGAIN!”

Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa
Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Morgantown
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Recently spent a few nights at this place. In the beginning, there were no attendants to take my luggage nor did anyone offer. After being placed on a higher floor, which to get to I had to go outside to another building and walk up the stairs, I went back to the front desk and asked to be placed close to an elevator if there was one. When entering the room, I was astonished! The bed spread was very old, the carpet was filthy, room dusty, a spider web was attached to a lamp, curtains were very stained, the potty didn't work, which I had to fix myself each time I flushed. Only warm water...gnats everywhere!!! Couldn't get rid of them. Stained ceiling. Horrible musty smell. TV channels were limited and very fuzzy. During our break for refreshments, a toaster was provided for bagels that was RUSTED!!! Yes, rusted. It was disgusting! I would be embarassed to put something like that out for a group of people to use. The main dining restaurant was closed during the week. One of my room service meals was not cooked and was raw.No attendant to help with my bags when I left. GOOD THINGS: Staff at front desk were very nice and helpful! No gift shop to purchase anything needed. One of my room service meals was very delicious. Meals provided for our breaks were very good. I would not recommend this place nor will I ever stay here again. Pro Shop was very nice but pricey!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Chris B
Sports33, General Manager at Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

We truely apologize for the experience during your recent stay with us. This is not the level of service we are use to providing. We have recently embarked on a major renovation that will restore our resort to its original charm. We hope you will give us another oppotunity to provide the true Lakeview experience. This property, once an Historic site, will be worth coming back to see following our renovation. Please visit our website to view the details.

Best Regards,

Management

Reviewed September 23, 2012

they are great! awesome! i love the front desk staff! especially Bre, Audrianna, Marcedess and Anne. They go above and beyond for us. We come to Lakeview monthly for the big WVU games and get treated like VIP guests. We feel at home and welcomed. We are looking forward to many more visits and for the up comming renovation in the Spring!!! Lakeview is a class act and we consider them like family!!!! Keep up the great work!!!! Food was awesome too!!! Also...a BIG thanks to Steve & Justin, always a pleasure!!!! Thanks Lakeview and see you again VERY soon!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Horrible experience. There was a god awful buzzing that kept going off every minute on the hour for 5 second intrevals. it was so quiet and peaceful then this god awful buzz every freakin minute. Also the shower had a slow drain and you found yourself standing in a bath while taking a shower. Sorry if you had to shower second. Could have been a nice place to stay if i could have slept. Was up all night after driving 5 hours and rafting another 4 hours. Was looking forward to a sauna or steam after rafting only to find out the fitness center closed at 7pm. Was a long day and no sleep. Will be a long drive home with no sleep. Would not recommend this place without ear plugs. Could even hear the water running in adjacent rooms. For $100 a night I expect to get some sleep. Horrible experience.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank MsRonnie

We apologize for the experience during your recent stay. We do close our fitness center at 5pm on Sunday's due to a lower demand. We have recently embarked on a major renovation that will restore our resort to its original splender. I hope you will give us another oppotunity to provide the true Lakeview experience.

Best Regards,

Management

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We were in town for a wedding and stayed at the Lakeview especially because of it's convenient location. Because of that convenience and the fact that we had a bed to sleep in and a place to use as our home base for the weekend...it simply served it's purpose, otherwise...it was not up to our standards of quality that we look for in a hotel. In a couple words, I would describe it as outdated and dirty. First of all we had been talking with the hotel daily for the week prior to verify our reservations and the fact that we would be checking in late, so they only had "one room left" ehrn we finally checked in and the roll away bed hadn't even been delivered yet. Upon entering the room, there was an empty yoplait yoghurt container on the desk. The tv's were small and the old boxy style, not flat cressn and the channels were very limited. We were looking for the remote and when checking under the beds, you could clearly see that the vacuum stopped at the edge of the bedcovers...there was food and wrappers...ughhh..the lights over the bed did not work in our room...there was a ledge up into the bathroom and we all kept tripping over it and finally a parent's worst nightmare, our 6 year old tripped and almost went head first into the toilet porcelain..thankfully he missed it by a hair...on that note..there were hairs all over the bathroom...our toilet kept running at night so we had to keep taking the back off to jiggle the toilet guts and outside of our room at the ned of the hallway was a very loud air conditioner...with a high pitched rattling sound all of the time..thankfully we didn't spend much time here...just ti sleep at night. I will say that when we got to the room and there was no roll away bed, we called and it was delivered within 10 minutes..and we were given extra towels...and then on our last day there we called and they were kind enough to give us an extra hour to check out. Also, Spa Roma associated with the Resort was amazing and so therapeutic and professional...worth checking out...So, service was good, cleanliness and quality could definitely improve.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank goldenrosy
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I stayed at Lakeview this past weekend for a wedding. Had a great time. I dont usually write reviews and dont believe in them either way but had to thank them for a great weekend. the wedding was alot of fun and the food was great for a hotel. we went to the bar afterwards andthe deck bartender was a hoot, she made sure we all had fun. I understand that the hotel is going to be rennovated after overhearing a clerk at the front desk tell an upset guest because the size of his TV was too small. honestly, my room seemed clean to me. Overall we all hareat time. we will be back, actually made a reservation in October to play golf.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 7, 2012

On a one night trip to Morgantown we pricelined a 3-star room for a decent price and got Lakeview. What a mistake! The hotel rooms are very worn, very dirty, the TV was a 12" size with very few channels. There was hardly any water pressure in the shower and there was visible dust on the carpet in spots that signified that those spots hadn't seen a vacuum in a long time. Very disappointing and not at all a 3 star place! Avoid this place if you can!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank ItalianStallion76
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I would have to agree with some of the other posts regarding the resort being a little bit outdated. With that being said, it is to my understanding that the entire place will be remolded by next year. However, when I go to a resort the most important thing is not how BEAUTIFUL the rooms are, but how the establishment is all around. The staff, including management, went above and beyond. They over delivered, not over promised. The food was tely amazing. The porions were genuorous, yet not overpriced for the quailty of food. This is really hard to find no days. I am giving then an excellent grading simply because of how wonderful the staff was with our family. I have been to several other resorts where the rooms were fabuous, but the service was horrible. Thanks to the Lakeview staff for making our stay so enjoyable!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family