My husband and I attended the 28th annual Food and Wine Festival held at the Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa from January 20-22, 2012 and had a wonderful time! First of all, let me comment on the facilities. Despite the average and below average reviews on Trip Advisor, my husband and I were pleasantly surprised with the resort itself. Yes, it is an older place but it has been renovated and is very nicely appointed. The common areas are very nice, colorful and modern. The Fushion restaurant is upscale and serves delicious food. We had a Trip Across America Buffet the first night and everything was delicious and we had drinks in the Legends bar and it is very modern also. The banquet and meeting rooms are nicely decorated and accommodating. We did not use the pool, spa or fitness facilities so I cannot comment on these. As for the room we got, it was a H/C king sized room on the second floor of the main building. It was very spacious, had newer furniture, wallpaper and carpeting and was very clean. Yes, the bedspreads could be newer and they could upgrade the tvs and clock radios but we found the room to be fine.
As for the Food and Wine Festival, it was a wonderful event! This was our first time there and we will definitely go back. Kuddos to the Food and Beverage Manager, Mr. Murphy, and the various other managers, chefs, staff, visiting chefs and vendors. Friday night there was a manager's reception with delicious appetizers, beer, wine, soft drinks, followed by the first cooking demonstration. Saturday included a breakfast buffet followed by various cooking demonstrations, wine tastings, beer tastings and a vendor market. They had an Iron Chef competition that was both educational and entertaining. The evening was capped by a cocktail and appetizer reception followed by an exquisite dinner. Everything the chefs cooked and demonstrated on Friday and Saturday was set up in stations around the elegant Reflections Ballroom that overlooks Cheat Lake. The managers, chefs and staff were so attentive to everyone and the food was some of the best we have ever eaten. The evening ended with a drawing for prizes but we were not lucky winners. On Sunday, the event ended with a great chef's brunch. We talked to many people who attend this weekend every year and we can understand why. If you are interested in learning new recipes, cooking techniques, eating delicious food and just relaxing and enjoying yourself for a weekend, the Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa's Food and Wine Festival is worth going to!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- West Virginia’s Top Family Resort. Nestled in the rolling hills of West Virginia and only 10 miles south of the Pennsylvania border, Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa is one of the Mid-Atlantic’s premier golf resort destinations. On 500 pristine acres sits two championship West Virginia golf courses, great accommodations, unforgettable weddings, productive meetings and fun for the whole family. We offer a variety of West Virginia's best stay and play golf packages including golf, accommodations and dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelClick and Priceline so you can book your Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lakeview Scanticon Hotel Morgantown
- Lakeview Scanticon Resort