Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa
Clarion Hotel Morgan(Morgantown)(Great Value!)
$89
  • Breakfast included
$109
GardenInn.com
$76
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $91/night.

Suburban Extended Stay Hotel(Morgantown)(Great Value!)
$96
Hampton.com
$122
  • Pool
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $139/night.

Euro-Suites Hotel(Morgantown)
$84
$109
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $122/night.

$104
$94
$100
All reviewscheat lakepro shopfitness centerthe general managerthis past weekendwest virginiamorgantown areaweddingeventlegenddownsbanquetsharkyaccommodationsroundsrachelballroom
Reviewed January 2, 2012

paid $60 on priceline for 3.5 stars,it's no better than any aging best western.located in a remote area,it's deceiving to call it a morgantown hotel.probably much lilier in the summer during golf season,not much doing in dec.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank keverina
ronald c, General Manager at Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your visit to Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa
in December. I agree that we are more of a resort than a typical hotel.
We offer many wonderful amenities including Golf courses, indoor tennis courts, pools, hot tubs, rock climbing wall, Spa, steam room, fitness center, and saunas. There were days even in December this year when we played Golf!
spring and fall. I hope you will consider visiting again in the future.

Reviewed December 13, 2011

We have beent to Lakeview several times. The location is great and the surroundings are beautiful. Very close to WVU and the center of town but still feels like you are secluded. Golf course is beautiful. Staff is very friendly and helpful. The hotel itself is dated but clean.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for your thoughtful review. Our team takes great pride in providing excellent
service and our location off exit 10 on US RT 68 is very convenient. I also would like to share with you that we are embarking on a renovation program this
spring and fall.

Reviewed December 5, 2011

company christmas dinner was held here and rooms were blocked off at a discount price for anyone wanting to stay the night. my wife and i booked one of the rooms for $69.00. what i thought was going to be a great room at a resort for a price like this turned out to be only average room that was outdated. rooms need painted and new carpets installed. heater was loud and didnt regulate temp very well. this should be their regular price all the time for a room of this caliber. the dinner/dance was nice. food was good, but we could have used more room for a party as large as ours. would probably only stay again, if our party is scheduled there again next year, dont think i would just book a room to stay there for relaxation. definitely would not pay high price.

Room Tip: dont know about choosing a better room, but i will tell you that it is hard to find this hotel when you exit the interstate. you had better pay very close attention to the signs directing you there, they are easy to miss and hard to get back on right road
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

in December.
Our location off exit 10 on US RT 68 is very convenient and then follow the signs for Cheat Lake
and Lakeview Resort. I apologize if this was confusing.
I also would like to share with you that we are embarking on a rooms and public space renovation program this spring and fall.

Reviewed November 29, 2011

My husband and I got a room here off of Priceline for $150 a night. What a dump! We were so angry. It was listed as Morgantown and was actually in another county and took him a half hour to get to the stadium to watch the game. It was cold, so I stayed to watch it in the room, and it wasn't on. Instead I took a nap and got ate up by bedbugs! There was a dirty wash cloth from the prior guest still hanging on the shower rod that fell into the tub when I opened the curtain. There was a sock from another guest on the floor near the bed. Carpet was torn, elevators were nasty dirty, the place stunk like dirty socks. It was filthy. Hair in the sink and tub. We had already wasted our money and had to fly out the next morning, so we stayed. If I'd known about the bedbugs, I'd have slept in the car. The food in the bar was trash. They burnt my sandwich and served it to me anyway. Expensive and not edible. This low class dump should go for $39 a night at most. We will never use Priceline again over this fiasco. Run fast in any direction away from this rat hole.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank urememberd

in October.
Lakeview Resort & Spa is located on Cheat Lake in Morgantown which is in the county
of Monongahela.
I apologize our accomodations didn't meet your expectations or our standards.
Our rooms are inspected for cleanliness and sanitation and I can assure you we do not
have bed bugs.
Travel to the foot ball stadium can take up to 30 minutes for most locations and at certain times during WVU football games. Again please accept my apologies.
We are embarking on a rooms and public space renovation program this spring and fall.

Reviewed November 28, 2011

I had my wedding at Lakeview and can say overall I was pleased with how organized and helpful the event staff was. The rest of the facility could use some help. The rooms were a little outdated for the price we paid- and we even stayed in a luxury suite. Complimentary breakfast was in no way spectacular, just the normal bread and cold cerial. The biggest complaint I have is upon loading our car the following day, we discovered our room key was no longer working. When I went back to the front desk, the entire 2nd floor was there complaining about the same thing. At that point, one would think to maybe call for some technical advice, but instead they kept handing us new keys every time we went back down. Eventually a maid let us back in our room. Not sure how the other guests on the floor were able to enter their rooms.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple

service, especially for special occasions like your wedding.
I apologize you experienced problems on check out day with the electronic keys. They are program to expire 2 hours after check out time and perhaps this explains the challenges. In any case we invite you back to celebrate your anniversary compliments of the resort.
Please contact me personally so I may assist in this important occasion.

spring and fall.