Overall I enjoyed my stay here, however it wasn't anything spectacular. The room itself was clean, however the hotel itself was showing some wear and tear. Probably most off-putting was on our way out of the hotel to check out, the ground floor was wet. It was not just wet near the doors, but well into the corridors. The staff here were very pleasant when we interacted with them, but not being golfers our interactions were limited primarily to checking in and out. Though I've never seen so many housekeeping and maintenance people on the move in a hotel in the evenings as I saw here. I'm not sure if they's a good or bad thing.
The location wasn't great if you're in Morgantown to enjoy Morgantown, but it is excellent if your trip is oriented around golf, water activities on Cheat Lake, or Coopers Rock State Forest. So I would say this comes down to context, we were all over the place and wanted to spend time in Morgantown so the location wasn't ideal for us.
The room was good overall. The bed was very comfortable, however they have a $10 surcharge if you'd like to upgrade to one king bed from two full-sized beds. I've never run into this type of fee before so it was a bit of a surprise. The high speed internet worked wonderfully and I noticed they had a few extra TV channels than several other hotels in Morgantown.
Overall, the place was okay. It didn't suit our needs perfectly, but for another traveler with a different agenda in mind this place could be the perfect gem. And I think we'd still consider staying here again.
It's also worth noting that their pool is so much better than you see at so many other hotels in this price range. If you've got kids who love to swim, I would strongly suggest you look into this place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- West Virginia’s Top Family Resort. Nestled in the rolling hills of West Virginia and only 10 miles south of the Pennsylvania border, Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa is one of the Mid-Atlantic’s premier golf resort destinations. On 500 pristine acres sits two championship West Virginia golf courses, great accommodations, unforgettable weddings, productive meetings and fun for the whole family. We offer a variety of West Virginia's best stay and play golf packages including golf, accommodations and dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelClick, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lakeview Scanticon Hotel Morgantown
- Lakeview Scanticon Resort