“Great Hotel”

Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Morgantown
Baltimore, MD
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed June 11, 2009

This is a absolutely great hotel, the rooms are clean, and comfortable. The staff are friendly and courteous at all times. Perfect for a day or a week.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Bremerton, WA
Reviewed May 27, 2009

We stayed 3 nights over graduation weekend 2009 and boy, did they see us coming! I know others have said it's a lovely hotel, but I found it to be dated and the room had the strange appearance of being similar to a nursing home....maybe it was all the Queen Anne furniture, floral curtains and the fact that the housekeeping staff ran around in medical type scrubs...strange! What really turned me off was the mold and peeling wallpaper in the bathroom under the sink area.
The breakfast buffet was handy and seemed to be frequently replenished. However, If I had to return to the area, I might try the Hampton or the new Hilton Garden that's under construction (May 2009). I just didn't find this property to be good value for money.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mewzette
liz_white41
Reviewed November 28, 2008

Having stayed at the Euro-Suites for five nights, I'm happy to be able to give the hotel a good review. My children have some very specific allergies, and the staff was very friendly and very helpful in accomodating them. Rooms are large, clean, staff is great. I'd go back in a heartbeat if we planned to visit Morgantown again.

• Liked — Staff, cleanliness, style
  • Disliked — Unreliable wireless internet access, but computers for guest use are available
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed November 26, 2008

It is a good place. It had large suites. The building is old but it was very well kept and clean.
Breakfast was acceptable. Their shuttle to from the WVU hospital was really helpful. front desk people were all very polite and helpful.
Everything was fine, except the age of the building and the facilities.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
West Virginia
Reviewed September 3, 2008

We paid an outrageous rate because of the football weekend and they know that WVU fans are desperate for lodging. The rooms are dated, though spaceous. The breakfast was nothing to write home about. Location is good and within walking distance to the stadium. There is also a shuttle that was convenient. One bright spot was the friendly staff!

I guess I expected more for the price.

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Disliked — Value
  • Stayed August 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
maryland
Reviewed March 14, 2008

We have stayed here a number of times, but this time we were very disappointed in the cleanliness. The room was clean enough when we arrived, but the glasses had toothpaste lip marks on them from the previous guest. I assumed the dishwasher misses this, so I left them uncovered so that they would be replaced. The next afternoon when we returned the glasses indeed has new covers on them, but they were the same dirty glasses. The lip marks were still there. If you check out the maids carts you will see that there are no glasses,which leads me to believe that the glasses and mugs in the rooms are recycled daily without ever seeing a dishwasher. With all the bugs going around I find this practice to be unacceptable. I had seen things like this on 20/20 but really thought the Euro Suites would not engage in this kind of practice. If I ever stay there again which I dont think I will, I would wash all the mugs, coffee pot and glasses myself, or bring paper cups from home. This ruined everything good about the hotel for me.

• Liked — late check out
  • Disliked — cleanliness
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bigmomma4501
NJ
Reviewed December 10, 2007

We (four couples/ 3 suites & 1 Executive) had a wonderful experience at Euro Suites in Morgantown WV- CLEAN, from the moment we approached the front lobby, front desk, halls, elevators and rooms. Courteous, helpful and smiling staff at all levels. The executive suite was roomy enough for all of us to spend a wonderful evening together. Bedrooms were quiet so we all slept well, The Breakfast was so convenient and tasty with a good variety of food. We will definetly return in the future.

Stayed December 2007