“bit run down”
Review of Euro-Suites Hotel

Euro-Suites Hotel
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Morgantown
Reviewed October 22, 2013

spent one night here, was disappointed. Room was 82 degrees when I got there (outside temp was 75). cranked a/c and went for a walk. eventually got cool, but the room had an unpleasant odor when it did. No one had checked the alarm, which went off at 5am. and I had a voice mail on the phone when I got there--figured it was a welcome call. Instead, it was a hateful message to the previous renters (I assume) threatening to kick their **s if they didn't come pick "me up". Obviously, no one in housekeeping paying too much attention

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Euro-Suites Hotel

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We had stayed at this hotel last year while it was being updated and we just stayed again recently. The hotel was not as appealing as our last visit, even though the updates have been finished. The breakfast room is extremely small and you are constantly bumping into people and having to wait for others to move so you can get around the tables. It was a very poorly designed update and disappointing. The only other update we noticed was new carpeting in the hallways and we believe the rooms (although the carpet in our room was already stained). There seems to be an overabundance of maids but the hotel never appeared to be cleaned. The maids are constantly out back on a smoke break! Also, the front desk staff is not very friendly or professional. We exited/entered through the front door numerous times throughout the day/night and they never even lifted their heads to acknowledge that someone was entering. We travel to Morgantown once or twice a year because our son is at the university but we will not be back to stay at the Euro Suites. There are other choices we have been happier with.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2013

En route from Columbus, OH to MD. this was a great halfway point to spend the night. It is comfortable, clean, and efficiently run. The continental breakfast is quite varied and presented well with ample, pleasant seating. The price is reasonable and the location perfect for my itinerary. I definitely will be staying again when I drive for my monthly visits to Columbus. I highly recommend Euro Suites.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed at the Euro Suites for Parents weekend. It is a nice suite hotel. The furnishing are nice. We stayed in 409 so we farther from the elevator and possible noise. I did hear the ambulance go by during the night but where it is located it is bound to happen. The shampoo and accessories are great. It does have free appetizers at night but we didn't partake in them.
The breakfast was pretty good. I was able to get a military discount rate online which had I booked with the hotel directly for the Parents weekend we would have had to pay rack rate. I would stay here again as the suite gives you room to spread out.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel numerous times over the last five years. Rates are reasonable and the separate living room is great when we have friends staying at the same hotel. The kitchenette is handy when we stayed for a few days. Breakfast is adequate but can be crowded when hotel is busy. Traffic in front of the hotel can be daunting most of the time but we have learned to use the back entrance.

Room Tip: I always ask for a higher floor room. Use the back entrance behind the bank to avoid the heavy traff...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We have stayed at this property 4 or 5 times over the last year. The last two times there was hair on the ceiling in the bathroom, some of it painted in. We complained the first time we saw it and the manager apologized and asked us to try them again. I like the Suite idea so we agreed to give them another chance. The last time we had the same problem with hair in and on the ceiling and there was mold on the shower curtain. Instead of complaining to the manager I sent an e-mail with pictures showing the problems hoping the problem would be addressed. I was very disappointed with the management of the property when my e-mail was not even acknowledged.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We stayed here one night on a drive east and we were very pleased with the spaciousness of our room and the public spaces on the main floor. The breakfast is sufficient and the staff very friendly and helpful. It is within walking distance of a number of restaurants although we braved the traffic and went further afield. And that's the only drawback--the hotel is on a very busy corner which makes it a challenge to get in the first time you arrive. But once you're there, it's clean, comfortable and worth the reasonable price.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple