“Bob and Kathy” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Morgantown
Amelia, Ohio
“Bob and Kathy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Clean, comfortable, close to good eating. Hotel staff were so kind and helpful. We enjoyed the roomy layout; the two 50" HD TV's; good continental breakfast. The layout of the hotel made it easy to find the work out room; did not use the pool; liked the benches outside the front door; local and USA paper was offered each morning. Would recommend this hotel to any traveler.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Kathy B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Martinsburg, West Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

Let me first say that there were positives about this hotel. They had an excellent front desk staff that was very helpful from my experience. The room itself had a nice layout. I had a basic room, which had a living room area apart from the bedroom area. Good fridge and microwave and the beds were very comfortable. The wireless internet access is great, especially if you're in town for business.

Overall, the location was nice as well. Very close to the football stadium, and plenty of various services and restaurants around the hotel. The only downside to this is the fact that traffic is very heavy in the area, so it might take a little while to get out of the hotel. So, make sure you leave early enough to give yourself time to get where you are going.

The reason I gave the hotel a two star review is due to the cleanliness I experienced. On the first day of my stay I noticed several hairs on the toilet, a stained towel in the bathroom, and a half can of soda behind one of the window curtains. Other issues presented themselves in the room as well. One set of my curtains had several small holes in them, one of the bathroom corner walls had a crack/tear at the bottom, and there was a small hole on the front of the bathroom door. As I continued my stay further cleanliness issues arose. Some refreshed towels were often not fully cleaned. On the final day of my stay, the complimentary cups provided in the room were not wrapped, had hair inside, and were not clean at all.

All of these issues made me concerned to what else the cleaning staff might have missed in the hotel. For me, cleanliness in a hotel is everything. If it wasn't for the cleanliness of the room, I would have easily given this hotel four or five stars.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank WVtraveler415
Athens, WV
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

We just wanted to stay in Morgantown for a couple of nights and this was the perfect place for us! It was clean and the room was well kept. When we got there, we had a room next to some rather loud teenage girls, we made a very subtle complaint to the front desk worker and she gave us a nicer room on another floor no charge! The service was great and the continental breakfast was way better than expected, the cook there was very very nice. The indoor pool was clean and perfect for a late night dip, will definitely stay here again! BTW! There is a great local pizza place that the front desk referred us to, it was delicious so check it out!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kacie C
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

I guess my expectations were higher based on reviews I'd read. It did not leave a great impression on me. I stayed here for a week while working in the area. After my first night's stay, I returned to my room to find the lock flipped over to hold the door open to my room. The room had been cleaned, so apparently the cleaning crew left it blocked open. Luckily my room was close to the end of the hall, so few people would have a need to walk by, but I had a personal laptop in the room that could have easily been stolen, as well as other personal belongings. I told the staff, and they basically could care less. The 2nd issue during my stay, while eating breakfast, the half pint milk container I used for my cereal was dated 3 weeks ago, and was questionable. I noticed it tasted funny, but didn't see the date until I finished, so I was a little queasy all morning. Again, the staff was oblivious to it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank gliddle1
Bolingbrook, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

This was our 2nd time in Morgantown and I was more than just satisfied with my family's overnite stay. Front desk was so helpful and nice to change our room from 1st to 2nd floor. Breakfast was great also if your health conscious.
The room was excellent even for 4 people thou were just 3. Fridge & microwave was perfect cuz of my medicines.
But because twas really hot that weekend, pool was only thing this hotel was missing. Tried to get 2-nite booking for end of this month but price changed. If we got it again at same price of $99 per nite, would have repeated.

• Stayed July 2012
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

All was OK but then we had taken a shower and found mold in it. Not good at all. We was put in another room but found the same thing! We had to leave this place and the manager was not helpful!

• Stayed July 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Bloomington, il
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

I have stayed here a number of time. Most recently just a few days ago due to another hotel in the area not taking our reservation correctly. Euro Suites is nice...rooms are clean, but seems a little damp, not sure why. The hotel staff is very helpful and friendly. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple