“Close to Very Good”
Review of Euro-Suites Hotel

Euro-Suites Hotel
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Morgantown
Reviewed November 28, 2011

With the #1 TA ranking in Morgantown, our expectations were high. Glitzy reception area, well lit corridors, Suite very spacious, two large flat screen TVs, but the small things were off putting. The handle stuck on the toilet; would not refill. The nice touch orchid plant on the vanity was dead with wilted flowers. Back side of bathroom door had large chips missing in the wood veneer. The included Continental breakfast would disappoint anyone familiar with the Continent. No bananas, poor tasting coffee, uninspiring selection of sweets and an attendant who seemed to care less about what was going on. Furniture was dark, dated and worn.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 26, 2011

The website is very misleading for this hotel. It states that all rooms are newly renovated, two-room suites, but this is not true. Apparently on game weekends, this hotel has a floor of basic hotel rooms that are rented out as well. Even though our email confirmation stated King suite, we were assigned to one of these rooms. They are located on the floor where breakfast is held on busy weekends, so sleeping in was not an option because of the paper thin walls. This room was out-dated and not worth the price I paid for a nights stay. The thermostat was broken, the outlets didn't work, and the shower leaked and flooded the bathroom floor. These rooms really shouldn't be rented out. I was very disappointed and felt misled since their website does not advertise these rooms at all. It was also not explained to me when reserving that there were different options for rooms.

After all the issues, we were finally moved to a King suite on the 2nd night. While this room was much better, there are still some quality control issues that this hotel needs to address. Our black out curtains looked like they had been shot up with a BB gun, so it defeated the whole purpose of blocking out the sun. If we return to the area, we would probably stay elsewhere. However, if we had to stay here again we would ensure that we had a two-room suite.

Room Tip: Ensure that you are booking a suite, and not a regular hotel room. You will be sorely disappointed...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2011

Initially, we debated about staying at this hotel simply b/c it wasn't located directly on the campus of WVU like that of another hotel. However, once we realized that it was so much more of a better value, we figured we'd give it a try and we were very happy that we did. The suite was spacious, clean and the staff was extremely professional & friendly. We started both mornings with the complimentary breakfast buffet, which was so much more than the usual danish, bagels, muffins, etc that you usually get at other complimentary breakfast buffets; There was everything from bacon, egg & cheese sandwiches, a make-your-own waffles station, fresh fruit, bagels, and so much more. From now on, whenever we visit WVU this is the hotel that we will definitely be staying at!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2011

It's located on a busy street in strip-mall hell, and from the outside the architecture looks a bit goofy. But it's a terrific hotel -- like a modestly-priced business-traveler's chain hotel, only very spacious, with better detailing and amenities, and a with super-friendly and competent staff. Ultra clean, very quiet, and full of nice little touches that aren't just the usual chain-hotel version of thoughtfulness and luxury. (In fact the place is owned and operated by locals.) We'd be happy to be regular guests here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the main street.
Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sawbilly
Reviewed October 30, 2011

I stayed here during a recent business trip, and was quite happy with and impressed by my rooms. I had no problem at check-in, and the clerk kindly informed me of the hotel's amenities and features.

My room was spacious and quite comfortable, especially after a long day in the car driving through a downpour! The hotel has clearly been recently updated, and it looks quite nice. My room was also clean and quiet. The couch & kitchen-sink area are helpful; you'll find a microwave, too. There's also plenty of closet space if you're in town for a lengthier amount of time.

Being celiac, I didn't bother checking breakfast, so can't speak to that. But if you are looking for a good, safe, clean place to stay that doesn't have cheesy decor, this is it. I was quite happy with the hotel and intend to stay again the next time I'm in town for business.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Close to WVU events. Staff was very nice and always smiling. Rooms were nice. I had a suite with couch/refrig and bed was very comfortable in other room with King bed. Would stay again but would be nice to get discount coupons for return visits.

Room Tip: Good place to stay, close to WVU events.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CieQ
Reviewed September 12, 2011

As a seasoned TripAdvisor reviewer (primarily excellent reviews), I can honestly say this is my first Terrible review. And I hate it. I wanted to like this place, with their new renovations, free breakfast, etc.

However, this hotel blatantly disregarded my prepaid Expedia reservation for a football weekend (gasp! a FOOTBALL weekend in Morgantown). They said no, we will not honor it. Marketing Manager Jason Lee, to be specific -- he told Expedia NO.

A good hotel would make it right. Even if the Travel Agency was at fault. They would. This is unacceptable. Fortunately, I was able to make a 25-mile-out-of-town reservation at a MOTEL for my family and I.

What if I had arrived at this hotel Sept 24, and they didn't have a reservation, no room for me, kids? These people kill me. Steer clear of them unless you have their lives signed in blood. Don't trust 'em sorry.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family