“A nice place to stay”

Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Morgantown
WV
“A nice place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2011

The room was very nice. Two flat screen TVs and more channels than most hotels I have stayed at. The towels were very plush, the mattress was comfortable, and the room was very clean. The microwave had outlets on it, which was a nice feature if you needed a power source. The smoke detector in the room went off when I left the bathroom door open while showering, though. One thing I was disappointed in was the hot breakfast talked about on their website. They had three kinds of cold cereal, a waffle maker, and refrigerated pre-made Jimmy Dean sandwiches. Overall, though, I enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank FHSmathteacher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
West Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2011

I stayed at the Euro Suites in Morgantown for a conference in July of 2011 and as the title of this review says I would never pay to stay there. First, don't be fooled by the lobby, which is nice, the rooms and hallways are in desperate need of renovation. Peeled paint adorns almost all of the doors and hallways and the carpet in the hallways either needs to be thoroughly cleaned or removed. The bathtub had mold on the tub as well as the shower curtain. The curtains in the room had holes and the bedspread was well worn out. Another problem was the AC during my stay. It just didn’t seem to get really cool in the room even when I turned it as low as it could go. One night during my stay the lock on my room quit working and I was locked out for nearly 30 minutes. Finally, a repairman came and had to change the entire door lock. Overall, I would never pay to stay at this hotel again. There are many hotels in the area that are much nicer and better maintained.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Cary, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2011

We were passing through and only stayed one night. The rooms were spacious and most important clean. The hotel staff was friendly.
The rooms had the extras you'd expect whether traveling on business or pleasure.
Good location to places of local interest too. Breakfast was fairly typical.
I'd stay again if ever in town.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
olmsted Falls
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2011

Very nice place, the staff is friendly, the room clean & nice, very comfortable, the mattress looked brand new, I am a little nervous staying in hotels & do a complete bed bug check, this place was clean!!! Not a thing found. They have a nice breakfast, we enjoyed our stay, I like how all the rooms are suites, its nice to have a seperate room to relax & watch TV in. We would definately stay here again. We walked to Kegglers for dinner, very good....The only thing I didnt like is that they do not have a swimming pool....

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Dover, Delaware
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2011

We stopped here on our way to a very large AAU sporting event in the area. We arrived late, as we knew we would and only stayed for about 6 hours or so. Just enough time to sleep, shower and go. We were surprised at the size of the room/suite or what ever you wish to call it, after all it is Euro Suites. There were 2 areas in the room. One with a queen pull-out couch, tables, dresser and flat screen TV. A mini sink, counter top and coffee maker, fridge and microwave, then there was a door into the other room that had a king bed, dresser and another flat screen TV.

The AC was running, but was turned up to conserve energy. The only weird thing was that the sheets felt damp. Not like they were washed and put on wet and left to dry kinda damp...more like a humidity kind of damp.

Everything was clean and I like that they had a recycle area on the main floor for glass, plastic and such and liked even better that guests were actually using it!

The breakfast was nothing special. Your normal belgium waffles, yogurt, fruit, cereal, coffee and tea. We chose not to stay and eat because after a 5 hour drive the night before and only a few hours sleep and a big game day ahead, we found a breakfast buffet up the street.

All in all this was a pleasant hotel. We would have stayed had we not already had reservations at another hotel for the remainder of our trip.

Room Tip: Nice hotel.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Pip1128
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2011

We stayed at this hotel in June passing through for one night and I will definitely stay there again the next time coming through the area. This staff went above and beyond to make sure our stay was great. The manager checked us in and she was just wonderful and so polite. She asked what was bringing us to the area and we told her jsut passing through and she gave us places to take the kids for them to have fun. The rooms and public space were so clean and very inviting. I loved the decor of the rooms and the beds were extremely comfortable. The breakfast in the morning was great and the staff at breakfast was wonderful. All in all it was great stay and they made us feel like we were at home. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and I can't wait to go back there our next time through the area.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2011

I stayed at the Euro Suites earlier this June to visit West Virginia University with my son. The location is convenient to the campus. The staff created a welcoming environment from check-in to check-in and offered dining suggestions as well as where in the area to visit during our stay. The complimentary breakfast adds to the excellent value along with the spacious rooms that offer two tv's and a separate bedroom. Overall the hotel is a great value with clean, quiet rooms. I will be sure to stay here when visiting in the future!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family