“Outstanding Hotel!”
Review of Euro-Suites Hotel

Euro-Suites Hotel
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Morgantown
Reviewed June 25, 2011

While driving to spend time with my family, my car unexpectedly broke down in Morgantown. I was alone and needed to spend the night. My luck truly changed when I checked in at the newly remodeled Euro Suites. The staff was welcoming and not only sympathetic to my situation but made me feel like familiy. My room was beautiful and after finding out it would take two days for my car to be repaired, I really appreciated the amenities they offered. Each room has a mini fridge and microwave in addition to the bountiful complimentary breakfast buffet and complimentary shuttle service! I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area or experiencing an unexpected stop like me. The hospitality and comfort offered at the Euro Suites is outstanding!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank HPP1

Reviewed June 22, 2011

Stayed at this hotel because it was in close proximity to WVU where my daughter attended camp. Hotel exterior and interior was nice, elegant, and inviting, although the carpet in the elevator could use an upgrade. Note: they only have one (1) elevator in the hotel. I found the staff very friendly and helpful. I stayed in the suite with a king size bed and mini kitchen. The room furniture was superb. I had plenty of space and loved the 2-flat screen televisions and up-to-date fixtures. However, when I went to bed I was very disappointed and upset to find BED BUGS eating me alive! I informed the front desk and I checked out the same night! Plus, I got my money back! I will never stay here again. If you are looking for the best value in West Virginia...Stay at the Waterfront!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Bee818
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Spent two nights here for my daughter's orientation of WVU. With not much to choose from I went with Euro Suites based on reviews obtained at Trip Advisor. The suite was very spacious, clean, comfortable and quiet. There is no swimming pool but that wasn't necessary for me or my daughter but families with younger children may be disappointed. Only complaint I do have which was minor, although there was a thermostat in the suite - I tried to adjust the temperature in the room and it didn't adjust. However based on price, location and cleanliness itself I'd highly recommend Euro Suites and I'll definitely stay there again whenever I visit my daughter.

Room Tip: Nothing to offer on this.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 2, 2011

My wife and I just stayed at this hotel, incredible. Only hotel that rivals it that we have stayed at in Morgantown is the Waterfront. Very elegant, rooms are very large, and quiet. We loved that we have two TV's to watch, I can catch the news while my wife gets caught up on other programs. The kitchen is a nice touch. The separate room, and sleeping area away from the hall is great for quiet. Free hot breakfast is good, free papers in lobby are a nice touch. This for the same price as a Holiday Inn Express room! Will stay here every time we go back to Morgantown to visit kids in college. Great place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2011

Went to Morgantown for a business trip for over night. The room was excellent, two TV's and the living room was nice.

The only issues was the breakfast buffet, everything was cold on it. The Staff cut in front of me and hogged all the coffee. Un-heard of to let the cleaning staff in the buffet area when guest are there. The waffle mix was out and I asked. The staff that was taking care of the room said it was broke. another staff came in and turned the waffle machine on and went into the kitchen to get the mix. HMMM.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 13, 2011

While I recognize that this hotel is not for everyone, it has suited my needs and my family's needs beautifully for many, many years -- and it's time for me to give it the shout out it deserves. Currently undergoing renovation, the hotel is centrally located and within walking distance to restaurants, a fitness center, convenience stores, and the University and all of its facilities (including the hospitals): there is also a complimentary shuttle. (Note: the pool and fitness center are not on-site, which may be a consideration for some.) The renovation process speaks to the considerate way this hotel handles everything: the display with furniture fabrics, etc., is out front so that guests (who really are treated like valued guests) can see what's happening; it's being done a floor at a time; noise and disruption are minimal. Breakfast and light hors d'oeuvres are complimentary, and the breakfast is always nicely done with good options and responsive staff -- it's a buffet, but the staff monitor constantly and replenish as necessary with hot and cold items as well as waffle irons, yoghurt, cereal, fruit, etc.. There are two rooms and a bathroom for each suite -- the bedroom can be completely shut off from the living area (which has a fold out sofa), which is really nice when we're traveling as a family. There is a microwave, sink, and mini-fridge in each room, and both rooms have televisions with cable and telephones -- wireless internet is pervasive and reliable and is included in the room costs. The staff go out of their way to help with anything I need whenever I stay here. A couple of points to note: there is room service available from a neighboring restaurant, and Morgantown now offers a version of Takeout Taxi. I have not used the shuttle mentioned above, but I have heard it is very reliable. I have felt comfortable walking to neighboring restaurants, etc., as well -- although some might not be as comfortable on a relatively busy street.

Although there are now many choices in Morgantown, including other suite models, I will continue to use and recommend EuroSuites as a place that cares about its clients, that offers spacious accommodations, and that has been reliable for its service (in my case) for nearly twenty years. I've never written a Trip Advisor review before but I'm glad to do so here, giving praise where and when it's due.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank GlassHalfFull65
Reviewed December 30, 2010

We were on the way home from vacation in Chicago, were we stayed in a luxury hotel. I was alone with my three kids, 17, 13, and 10. My 13 year old is a difficult sleeper, and I was thrilled to find a hotel where she could have her own sleeper sofa--a queen at that! The other two beds were queens as well. At the luxury hotel in Chicago, the sleeper was a full and both beds were fulls. We were cramped at twice the price. The Euro Suites offered large, comfortable beds, a refrigerator, and a micro. The breakfast was typical (the same one we had in every hotel on our 14 day venture).

One concern would be that although smoking is not allowed in the hotel, guests and employees were smoking right outside the door and in the hallways. That made the hotel smell stale.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family