“Not bad for the price.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Morgantown
Brockway, Pennsylvania
“Not bad for the price.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Not a terrible place for the price. Room was average. Continental breakfast was below average. Staff was not very friendly, very business oriented with no personality. Only complaint was the loud music and drinking in the parking lot till the we hours of the night with management doing nothing about it. As 1 reviewer said, "more of a boarding house than a hotel".

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Filthy rooms an really poor customer service. Was urine in the toilet on the floor an all over the seat when we arrived. Also busted spring in my hip all night an the staff is rude an can't speak English. The water was backwards on the sink an tu . Turn to cold for the hot an turn to hot for cold. Also if u turned on the hot water for more than a minute the pipes would rattle to the point of vibrate the hole floor.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Morgantown hotels

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I was driving through WV and a major snowstorm hit on Valentines Day. I knew I would have problems finding hotel rooms on this day that were cheap but I found this hotel which was reasonably priced considering the snowstorm and valentines "holiday" (paid 69 plus tax). On a normal night I presume it is 49.00 a night.

The room I had was quite large, the staff who checked me in and out were great, and overall I didn't have any problems. I would stay here again if I happened to be driving through WV on a snowy evening and had to stop : )

Seriously, it was a good stay and I got what I paid for.

Room Tip: This is like the old motels where the rooms open up into the parking area of the balcony.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Cardiff, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We had stayed at this hotel some 18 years ago on a trip to the USA with our kids. Then, it was good value and clean. Now? It is dirty and grubby. They allocated us a room on the second floor despite the fact we had heavy case to get up there (no lift) The carpet on the stairs and the room were filthy. Don't take off your shoes or your socks will be black! There was a bunch of teenagers in rooms just down the corridor from us making one hell of a racket. We rang reception and were told, "They've just been on a day trip and will settle soon" Nothing was done about it. Breakfast the next day was barley adequate and was eaten whilst waving away the many flies in the room. All in all, a complete disaster and one to be avoided at all costs. There has to be better in Morgantown at a reasonable price!?

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Parkham
Mich
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Mostly workingmen staying for night, friendly staff. Nothing fancy at all. A nice price for being only about 1 mile from down town Morgantown. There weren't vacancies on the other side of the river where we would have rather been. This is a nice back up, if you need a room. I'd stay again but my wife may want to upgrade.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I looked for an inexpensive stay as I stayed overnight for a out of town training. I wasn't expecting anything luxurious but I do expect clean.

PROS: The staff was nice enough & I appreciates the security of all the locked entrance doors. The location is also ideal as the hotel sits atop a small mountain off the road with multiple eateries (Pizza Hut) and a small strip mall alongside the back. It's also across the street from the major highway (I-78).

CONS: I got ringworm from the bed sheets! I was already skeptical of sleeping in the bed because of the dirty appearance of the hotel. I was there two nights & starting developing a rash after the second night. Upon returning home the rash had gotten larger. I went to the dermatologist & found out I has ringworm! & it's only located on the part of my body that touched the sheets. Now taking medication & it's going away. That is disgusting & shows that the sheets were dirty & not changed. I'd rather pay more for a clean hotel.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank MarylandLadyBug
Sautee Nacoochee, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Tired and travel worn we stopped here and will not come back and wish we had checked out after checking in. People were cooking their meals, carpet was black dirty, like coal dust, and cooking smells all thru the hallway. it was more a rooming house that a hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank VideoCreator
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morgantown
Econo Lodge Coliseum
BEST WESTERN Mountaineer Inn
BEST WESTERN Mountaineer Inn
#13 of 24 in Morgantown
3.5 of 5 stars 335 reviews

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!