Econo Lodge Coliseum
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Euro-Suites Hotel(Morgantown)
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanlots of parkingfootball fansconvenient locationthe ac unitwvu gamerecommend staying herean overnight stayfridge and microwavecleaning staffnight's sleepnice staywest virginia
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Spacious room, divided dressing wash basin from toilet and shower, which makes dressing and showering easier when more than one person stays in the room. Rooms open directly onto parking lot. No interior corridors. May be a concern for women traveling alone. Clean but upholstered chairs were stained and the tv is old. Wifi signals were strong and internet easily accessed.

More paperwork than I'm used to at registration, which was further slowed by clerk taking a personal call while two of us waited to claim our rooms.

Room Tip: Request ground floor if you don't want to drag luggage up an outside stairway.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Ronnie S, General Manager at Econo Lodge Coliseum, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed at the Econo Lodge for a WVU football game and would certainly consider it again. The location is perfect, with the exception of the sign that states no left turn out of the parking lot (the direction you need to go for the game). The rooms were OK. It certainly isn't the Ritz, but who spends a ton of time in the room on game weekends anyway? The beds were comfortable, the sheets were clean and the bathroom was clean. Continental breakfast was acceptable and offered something for everyone. The one thing that I was disappointed with is that my friends got their room for $50/night less, so I felt a little bit ripped off in that sense. We killed one stink bug, but who cares? Any hotel in America can have a stink bug make it's way into their rooms. Would I stay here again? Absolutely, as long as their rates remain competitive and it makes sense to do so.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We look forward to accomodating you again during your return trip to the Morgantown area. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Arrived to find room not ready...good start! They did give me $10 off for my inconvenience...I had to ask though. Place was expensive and could not easily walk to town . The smell of urine in the hallways was unpleasant! It had an unsafe feel to it. Rooms were ok.... Nice big bed....had to kill a bunch of stink bugs! Pillows so uncomfortable. Shower was nice and warm but the water pressure could not be adjusted...like a power wash...not good. I did notice the cleaning staff were very friendly and helpful. Just too expensive for a low quality hotel. Shoneys next door was great for breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2013
Ronnie S, General Manager at Econo Lodge Coliseum, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Thank you so much for expressing your concern about our hotel. We take guest satisfaction very serious. During you stay our rates where increased due to a special event-- WVU Football, and while I understand you were not here for the game, many of our guests were. I have read all of your comments and would like to speak with you personally about your stay at our property. At your convenience please give me a call. I look forward to speaking with you, and once again thank you for the comments.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stayed here while a family friend was a patient at Ruby Memorial Hospital. The hotel is dated, and there were rips in the wallpaper in my room. But the room was exactly what I expected for the price I paid, and there were no bugs. I had a room right off the front parking lot. I had friends that got a room around on the back side, close to a wooded area. Unfortunately, we are having a bad season of stink bugs, and their room had quite a few. Even though the front desk clerk did his best to get them to another room, they decided not to stay. I am thankful I had a bug free room. And the night clerk was pleasant to all of us.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. We are currently experiencing a high amount of stink bugs in the Morgantown area. We have modified our cleaning to help keep them from our property, but being well lighted draws there attraction like no-other. Since your visit, we have sprayed the wooded area with a light pesticide to help lower the numbers, but we are hopeful that with the winter season fast approaching they should be eliminated quickly. Thank you once again for the review, and we sincerely appreciate the comment. We look forward to accomodating you again when your travels bring you to the Morgantown area.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We're football fanatics and dread going up and back to Morgantown in the same game day. So we decided to try the Econo Lodge Coliseum to make it easier. The location is about perfect...close to the exit, easy to get in and out of and very close to the football stadium (and even closer to the Coliseum as the name indicates...you can walk there!) During game weekends it's a two-night minimum but you'll pay less for these two nights than you would one night somewhere else! First of all, forget anything you might remember about this motel not being nice. It's been completely updated, with attractive furnishings, comfortable linens and beds and everything else you might want. Our room had a microwave and a small fridge which was an added treat. The rooms are large and roomy. The shower is hot and powerful! Breakfast was adequate. The coffee was hot and strong. They served orange juice, waffles, English muffins, pastries and some other little things. And don't forget if you want something more substantial, go to the Shoney's across the parking lot! The staff couldn't be nicer or more attentive to our needs. The dear woman who checked us out today has been with the motel for 16 years and was a real delight. The man who checked us in was likewise friendly and knowledgeable and warmly welcomed us to the place. I was hesitant to write this review, fearing my secret little getaway will be revealed, but that's the risk I'll run. This place was perfect for our needs and we will be back...every football weekend for sure. So see you there!

Room Tip: This is two-story hotel without an elevator. All rooms exit to the outside and an internal corridor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank JaneDeaux
Ronnie S, General Manager at Econo Lodge Coliseum, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at our property. I will be sure to share this information with the staff. We really appreciate the comments, and look forward to seeing you again!