“great for receptions”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Moorefield
West Virginia
“great for receptions”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We just had a reception at the South Branch Inn and we found the staff to be accommodating and friendly. Their conference room is a nice place to hold such a function. The setting is so nice being in a beautiful valley. We are lucky to have such a facility as this in Moorefield.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
wvtraveler1968, General Manager at South Branch Inn Moorefield, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did. We host many receptions, meetings and conferences through out the year and have many photos posted on our Facebook page. I hope we can help you again in the future. Kelly Williams - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Warren
Reviewed July 27, 2012

If you're cruising around this area of WV, this is probably 'the place' to stay. I've stayed here a couple times before, so I felt comfortable coming back. They're right on the doorstep of the new expressway, so it's easier to get to than before. It's not quite like the 'last place on earth' it used to be.

We happened to hit during the little-league baseball championship in the town; my wife and I knew what was coming, and it arrived. And they were sold out, with few alternatives, so you'll stay put anyway.

Obviously this was one of the peak seasons and the staff was pushing to keep up the quality. We got breakfast early, generally tried to stay out of the way of the hordes of 10-year-olds and families that had invaded. I can't fault them for that.

What got them 'one notch down' from an otherwise 'very good' was basically housekeeping, I was a little alarmed when I found both soap remaining in the tub and also the shampoo from the previous guest. That and the overwhelming odor of some kind of cleaning product or odor freshner almost to the headache level. I don't think the room had been used in a while except during peak periods. Things were clean enough, and the desk staff was very friendly and accommodating. I was there on business so the price wasn't a killer, but yeah, they pretty much have whatever traffic there is in the town and can price accordingly.

Room Tip: Rooms by the back doors are noisier - door slamming and steps.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for leaving feedback. I am sorry you were here during our peak season which runs most of the summer. We do have a lot of large groups such as teams, family reunions, and other functions such as conferences, occurring in our area that tend to keep our hotel busy. I am not sure what happened with the soap situation but can assure you that is not the norm and do apologize for it. All of our rooms are rotated when we rent them and we stay sold out most summer months. As far as our rates, we closely follow what the government guidelines are for our area of the state as far as "per diems" go. I hope you will give us another change in the future and would love to host your next visit to our area. I do appreciate the comments. Kelly Williams - General Manager
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Although the rooms were decent, clean and they did have a continental breakfast. The room, for that area was overpriced in my opinion. The pillows were covered in plastic. Kept me awake all night. The water had a slight sulphur smell, but was very soft.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
I appreciate your taking the time to leave us feedback, we appreciate all comments. I am sorry you were not happy with our prices, we do try to set our prices based on what the government has set as a reasonable price for our area, a "per diem" rate. As far as our water, it all is treated with a water softening system as it enters the hotel to ensure that we don't have any issues. I hope you will give us another chance on your next visit to Moorefield.
Washington
Reviewed July 22, 2012

After attending a retirement/birthday party of a friend in Baker WV I was recommended South Branch Inn. I made reservations and found the place quite adequate. The receptionists were friendly and helpful and I was given the king size bed and jacuzzi which both we good. The Ponderosa restaurant was right next door but decided to go to another restaurant. extended check outs are provided and found it quite adequate.Would return if I have to.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WashingtonVoyager_45
Marion, South Carolina
Reviewed July 4, 2012

The lovely photo on the website of this Inn is a fable. Yes, the structure exists, but in person it seems grubby. The construction here was shoddy and corners were very obviously cut. It's built on a concrete slab, but a nicer place would have more padding under the carpet. This, after a while, became a physically painful place to walk around. The walls are apparently paper thin, as I overheard a conversation in the next room that seemed to be delivered in normal speaking tones.

The continental breakfast was a joke, with cold boxes of cereal the highlight. There is no "business center" available, as one would expect from the website, so have your own laptop with you or you're out of touch.

If your vehicle is on fire in Moorefield, this might be a good place to come in out of the rain while waiting for the auto club. If that is not your circumstance, keep driving.

Summersville, West Virginia
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Have stayed here several nights this year. Great Place to stay. Super Clean Rooms. Very Friendly Staff.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Wisconsin
Reviewed May 2, 2012

When I called I was told the room would be one price, $92, but upon checkout I was charged $106, which is absurd for that motel!! maybe rates went up and the girl I talked to made a simple mistake...but the lady behind the counter (she was training someone so I assume she was a manager or at least one of the more experienced clerks) was completely rude...asked me who I had spoken with...like they are super friendly and introduce themselves...and on top of that I had actually called 2x...once to find the price and the next to book the room (in which the same price was stated) At the very least that price should have been honored for that stay or I would have even been happy with a discount promised at my NEXT stay, which now will never happen Completely rude service, horrible breakfast (Walmart donuts & danishes) The room is so outdated!! No long length mirror, iron, or coffee maker which is standard these days...especially when you are paying 106.00 a night for a place without a pool!! Oh and the signs about 8pm to 8am quite time thing...what is with that??

WILL NOT BE STAYING AGAIN!! It might be the biggest motel...but it isn't the only one. There is one more in town and several over in Petersburg which is only 20 minutes away. Hopefully one of the bigger chains will come closer now with the new road in Moorefield (Corridor H I believe they call it)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank teedge21
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moorefield
Keyser Inn
Park Motel
Park Motel
#2 of 2 in Petersburg
North Fork Mountain Inn

Been to South Branch Inn Moorefield? Share your experiences!