“South Branch Inn” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of South Branch Inn Moorefield

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Moorefield
South Branch Inn Moorefield
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Moorefield
Romney, West Virginia
“South Branch Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

Great place, centrally located for all your outdoor activities in the Potomac Highlands.

Room Tip: Back side rooms have great views of the fields and farm activities.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Upper Tract, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2012

The owners and staff are excellent. I work in Moorefield and have had the pleasure of having numerous events hosted at the hotel. They are always professional and extremely helpful. They go above and beyond to make your experience a pleasurable one. I have also had the luxury of staying at the hotel as a guest. The accomadations are very nice. I would definately recommend the South Branch Inn to a friend and/or family member.

Becky Yokum

Room Tip: Any room is a good room.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Becky Newman Y
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2012

The people are so nice,the Hotel was very clean n in a great location!! We will definitely stay there again if were in the area!! Wallace n Ameia Singleton

• Stayed March 2012
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

This hotel definitely does not deserve some of the more negative reviews, but there is room for improvement too.

On the positive side, the rooms are very clean. Like another reviewer, I too always check for bedbugs, and I saw no sign of them here. The hotel seems to be an older building, but it has obviously been well cared for. The IS a fitness center on site. It's on the first floor to the right of the lobby. I did not use it, but it looked pretty nice and a good size for a hotel fitness room. The staff was friendly and helpful. You get one free movie and bowling pass per room. There is HBO and EXCELLENT WiFi. There is also a microwave and a large mini-fridge in the rooms. The price was also pretty reasonable. The location is also pretty good within the town. There are a few places within walking distance, and it's a short drive to pretty much everything in Moorefield.

On the downside, even though the rooms are newly renovated, the style is still very dated and lacks character. The beds were fine, but nothing to rave about in terms of comfort. The TV's are really out of date. The continental breakfast is passable. I would have liked more "hot" food options, but it was fine.

There are not a lot of options in and near Moorefield. I don't think you can do much better than this place. I would probably stay here again, and I would recommend it to anyone else coming to this area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Broadway, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

The South Branch Inn is located on the north side of Moorefield near the Wal-Mart, a cinema, and bowling alley. Next door is the Ponderosa and there is a good Tex-Mex restaurant across the street.

The rooms are average sized, clean, with the typical features. Shower head is nice and high (important for tall people). The TV is a bit out of date, but works just fine. They have a good array of channels including HBO. The continental breakfast is a little sparse, but not all that bad. There is also a mirco-fridge in the rooms.

The walls are very thin, though. You will notice this right away as there are signs around that state "Quiet Hours" after 8 pm.

The beds aren't terrible, but the comments about the pillows are true... they are quite noisy and a little uncomfortable.

Those are quite nit-picky complaints, though.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Barboursville
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2012

I was in the area because of work and looking for a place to stay. Asking several people from the area suggested the South Branch Inn in Moorefield, WV. I decided that it would be my best choice, as the other hotels in the area that I actually passed, well suffice to say, I highly doubt that I would have allowed my dog to stay at them.
As I was checking in at the Inn, the lady on the front desk told me that she would put me in the newer renovated side of the hotel. This really did not matter to me as I just wanted a place to lay my head down. Once I got all my stuff in my room I settled in and watched some tv on a small old style tv. You would think that the hotel if renovating would have put in at least flat screen televisions?
When I decided it was my bedtime, as I always do, I went to brush my teeth and that is where I found the first of the hairs ... long almost black hair ... I have nothing but grey hair ! OK, I am to tired to go and ask for a different room so I just went onto bed. As I pulled the cover's back on the bed, low and behold ... ON SUPPOSEDLY CLEAN SHEETS ... more of that hair ! Even on the pillowcase I found hair. I was in a room that had two bed's so I just checked the other bed/pillow's until I found sheets and pillowcases that apparently had shaved the hair off of them.
To give the hotel something positive, when I was checking out the following morning, the lady on the desk asked if everything was ok? Wrong thing to ask me after what I found. I told her what I encountered with the hair os someone other than myself. She apologized profusely and even gave me a discount on the room charges because of this.
Would I stay at the Soouth Branch Inn in Moorefield again ... NO. I just paid more for a room like I may have found at the original hotels that I mentioned.

Room Tip: Do as you may. I wont stay here again.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank trbl4u2
Krum, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2011

Greeted at the desk with a smile, and even though I wasn't in a good mood walking in (had a bad day and I am sure I wasn't the nicest person) I noticed my attitute had been lifted by the nice woman checking me in. I also worked off some of my stress in the work-out room, was not crouded just how I like it, a private workout. I then went to the evening show at the movie theater next store. Walked to Walmart the next morning to get some personals. I really enjoyed the accessibility. I will definetly stay here again. The area of town felt safe and tranquil. The Inn was clean inside and out, nice little 'country' escape from my 'concrete city'.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moorefield
Keyser Inn
Keyser Inn
#2 of 2 in Keyser
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Keyser
Lost River Bed & Breakfast
Lost River Bed & Breakfast
#3 of 3 in Lost River
Lost Forest Bed & Breakfast

Been to South Branch Inn Moorefield? Share your experiences!