“2013 CC Reunion”
Review of Elk Springs Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Monterville
Elk Springs Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Monterville
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Joined a group of guys for a fly fishing, white water rafting and golf trip in the mountains of West Virginia and had a great time. Stayed at the Broadwater Lodge in the Elk Springs Resort and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The kitchen amenities are okay, somewhat limited on the glass, silverware enough where we had to bring additional supplies. Rooms nicely decorated with a theme for each one. I stayed in the Oldies Room which was okay, kind of dark though. One thing I did bring to management's attention was the back door from my room to the entry way to the back deck does not lock. It is a very safe area to be in, but a bit concerning that the door does not lock? Overall the experience was great and would recommend to anyone especially if you like to fly fish which is fantastic. We did not eat in the restaurant though I heard it was good and you can have fresh caught Rainbow Trout from their stocked streams/ponds or catch them yourselves! The restaurant which is a short walk from the Lodge offers a $35 per day meal plan if you don't want to cook which is a good value to include 3 meals/day.

Room Tip: The Safari Suite and Sea Suite are excellent rooms. The Oldies Room is dark and the back door does n...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Buzz6995

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Great getaway! Elk Springs Resort located in Monterville WV was the setting for a fly fishing trip for disabled veterans sponsored by Wounded Warriors and Dominion Transmission, Inc. The sponsors, the staff, the guides (mostly employees with Dominion Transmission, Inc.) were superb! The restaurant at the resort was very good. They served up fresh trout caught right on the site. They raise trout, as well as stock the streams and the Elk River. You can choose from fly fishing in their stream fed ponds or step over about 25 feet and fish right in the Elk River!!! The Fly Fishing Shop located above the restaurant is one of the largest in the area. I even purchased a handmade wooden bowl made by the restaurant's chef, Jerry Strawderman!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Elisa G
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Went over for the day from Snowshoe for grandfather/grandchildren fishing outing. The buildings are about 2 years old, the property is very well maintained. Best part is the fishing set up for the little ones. They have stocked ponds which have fresh spring water flowing through them alongside the river. Instead of having twin 6 year olds being turned off by fishing in the river with little chance of catching anything (not to mention the prices other places in the area charge for river fishing), their introduction was basically guaranteed excitement and fun, and only paying for the fish caught. Will definitely return since we want them to enjoy fishing & making it a lifelong activity.

Wonderful staff. Well stocked fly shop, restaurant was nice and the restrooms were spotless.

Room Tip: Took a look in the lodge & will definitely be staying there on future trips to WV.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Bill N
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I stayed at Elk Springs Resort for 2 nights. Mostly I was flyfishing, but I took time to enjoy the scenery too. Great place, clean rooms, lots of extras, and good food at the restaurant.

My room was in the "Hippie Rooms", a $100/night room with 2 beds, refrigerator, coffee maker, washer/dryer, in-room bath, a.c., and much more. Very nice.

The people were all very friendly and accommodating, including the fishing guides. I didn't hire a guide, but they offered advice and showed me around the fly shop and grounds. Fun time.

Room Tip: My room didn't have a ceiling fan, but most did, so I had to run the air conditioner all night...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I brought my girlfriend to Elk Springs Resort to see if i could get her excited about fly fishing and with the help of our enthusiastic guide RJ and the surreal mountain setting it was a perfect success. Not only did we slay fish, but my girlfriend and i really got to unwind and enjoy each others company in the gorgeous, rustic, and accommodating environment that Elk Springs Resort catered for us. Again, I could not give enough praise to the guide service staff. Not only did RJ give my girlfriend Caitlin a solid foundation for which she could build confidence and truly enjoy herself, but he provided me with a comprehensive lesson on the local hatches and techniques used that will be a priceless asset on my many returns to the area.

Room Tip: I haven't stayed in the lodge, but it looks notable. All the cabins have clean comfortable beds...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2013

River was muddy , they tried to blame it on logging but we went upstream and saw no logging anywhere . They tried to call them wild fish LOL we watched them stock the night before we fished. ac units hanging outside windows , Drunk waitress , flyshop closes when they want to. Not a place im going back to

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank p s
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed here while on a ATV riding trip with my son and his friends who have a camp just down the river. I've visited this lodge a couple times in the past when in the area. So when I wanted a nice place with hot water and WiFi on this trip, figured I would give it a try. Well worth the drive back in the woods to find it. Warm spacious rooms in the main lodge, satellite TV, internet, pool table, kitchen, and much more. Restaurant and bar on property. As far as the fishing, couldn't tell ya, was a great place to make base camp for a few days of riding in the hills. Will probably stay here if skiing too, if you don't mind the didn't a short drive off the mountain. Very affordable and clean. Would have given 5 stars but don't want it to be booked up next time I call....

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monterville
Marlinton Motor Inn Motel
#4 of 24 in Snowshoe
Inn at Snowshoe
Inn at Snowshoe
#3 of 3 in Snowshoe

Been to Elk Springs Resort? Share your experiences!