“What a mud hole ...”
Review of Elk Springs Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Monterville
Elk Springs Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Monterville
Reviewed June 16, 2013

River was muddy , they tried to blame it on logging but we went upstream and saw no logging anywhere . They tried to call them wild fish LOL we watched them stock the night before we fished. ac units hanging outside windows , Drunk waitress , flyshop closes when they want to. Not a place im going back to

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank p s
There are newer reviews for Elk Springs Resort

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed here while on a ATV riding trip with my son and his friends who have a camp just down the river. I've visited this lodge a couple times in the past when in the area. So when I wanted a nice place with hot water and WiFi on this trip, figured I would give it a try. Well worth the drive back in the woods to find it. Warm spacious rooms in the main lodge, satellite TV, internet, pool table, kitchen, and much more. Restaurant and bar on property. As far as the fishing, couldn't tell ya, was a great place to make base camp for a few days of riding in the hills. Will probably stay here if skiing too, if you don't mind the didn't a short drive off the mountain. Very affordable and clean. Would have given 5 stars but don't want it to be booked up next time I call....

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We stayed at the lodge which was quite breathtaking. Our room was large with a sitting area. The bathroom had a jacuzzi tab and washer and dryer. We were very comfortable and frankly hated to leave when our time there was over. The restaurant served up the most delicious rainbow trout ever.

Room Tip: The Safari Room is beautiful. Perfect for a couples retreat!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Thelmaharper
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed at the Elk Springs Resort for two nights with my husband, young son and parents. My husband and father were the fly fishermen. My husband had never been fly fishing before and is now hooked! He and my father went out all day with one of the guides, Dave, and had a great time. They caught several trout.

We stayed in a cabin, very clean and newly built. We also ate our meals at the restaurant, Ellie May's Old Mill Restaurant. They have an optional meal plan available for $35 per person for breakfast, lunch and dinner. This is a great value in my opinion. There is also a top notch fly shop upstairs from the restaurant. The staff there are very friendly and accomodating as well.

I'm originally from WV but have been living in GA for 10+ years and miss the mountains and changing of the leaves. The property is beautiful! We plan on making this an annual family trip! They also have stocked ponds where you can fish for trout and keep them. They charge $3 and/or $5 per pound for the trout.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Annabelle4595
Reviewed August 20, 2012

While on vacation in West Virginia our family stopped by the fishing lodge to fly fish and do a little hiking. Getting to the lodge is a drive but worth every mile. The staff was excellent and very accommodating going out of their way to make our two kids have a great time. The kids fished in the ponds in the evening, even my six year old daughter caught rainbow trout. The next morning my son and I went fishing with our guide Dave. We caught plenty of fish and Dave constantly put us in casting distance of huge trout. Our family had a great time and the kids talked about the fishing trip the entire way home.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank MiamiReporter
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Had the pleasure of spending 3 nights and days at Elk Springs with wounded warriors. The staff went out of their way to accomodate the Warriors and assure their fishing experience was awesome. Many smiles on the warriors faces, and all said they wish to return. beautiful lodges cabins, great fishing, food and cabins.

Room Tip: cabins by the water are secluded, shaded and very nice
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank PEGgrubb
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I have stayed here a couple times now. The new restaurant/fly shop is TOP NOTCH! The staff is very helpful and want to make sure your stay is very comfortable and enjoyable. I will continue to return as long as I can. I have stayed in the Fishing Room in the lodge and in a couple of the cabins. The Lodge is wonderful. I go with a large group a couple times a year and I have heard not one compliant from anyone that comes. This is the place to go to if you just want to sit back and relax, fish, read a book, or just enjoy the mountain side.

Room Tip: If you want new or an updated setting choose a room in the lodge. The cabins are fine though if you...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank David S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monterville
Silver Creek Lodge
#3 of 3 in Snowshoe
Seneca Condos
Seneca Condos
#5 of 24 in Snowshoe

Been to Elk Springs Resort? Share your experiences!