Holiday Inn Express & Suites Parkersburg - Mineral Wells
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Mineral Wells
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Randy, what can I say, he is the greatest! We were on our way back to Detroit, MI and the brakes went out on our vehicle. We just picked this hotel out the blue (because of the car trouble we had to find someplace quick) and we are so glad we did. Randy, the night desk clerk, assisted us with housing for several days, located a car dealership to work on our car and provided recommendations for meals. The rest of the staff were also excellent. The hotel is clean and reasonably priced. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Join the Priority Club to get an upgrade
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MsPostOffice

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Nice hotel, comfy bed, clean, flatscreen TVs, could have had more channels, pool, hot tub and exercise equipment all available and working. Breakfast pretty good. Internet good. hotel was quiet for whole weekend, not too much around there, but right off 77.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 3, 2013

After driving through long hours which included blustery snow we arrived in Parkersburg VERY TIRED. We were greeted by Drew who was friendly, professional and did everything he could to help us quickly get settled in a very beautiful room. Our room was clean, cheery and had this amazing jacuzzi in it.... we are so trhilled we got off the highway when we did and know that whenever we stop at a Holiday Inn we will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SUSAN K
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Never pass the motel going to the south and returning .The rates are fair,the rooms are spotless and well maintained .Large flat screen TV with plenty of channels . The staff is always super and will to anything for you. Pool and exercise room are nice little perks .

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank silverlake2002
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

My son and I took a trip here as a much needed getaway, and to surprise a family member. I read all the reviews before we booked here, and I am quite glad we made the decision to stay here. From my initial phone call, to check in, to breakfast buffet, everyone, including housekeeping were very friendly and accommodating. We felt like we were visiting old friends. What a great atmosphere! As far as some of the reviews about strip clubs in the area, yes, there are some, but understand this area is on a busy route, and it's not that noticeable. Please don't let this hinder your decision to stay here, you'd miss out on a great place to stay. All we could see from our room was a nice big field in the back, and a Cracker Barrel out front. Hotel was clean, anything extra we needed was provided immediately. There was a water situation going on in the township during our stay, and the hotel provided as much bottled water as we needed during our stay. Pool was nice for my child, the only thing we were disappointed in was that the hot tub was not working, but I believe it was due to the water situation in the area, so not the hotels fault. We will be returning to the area fairly often, and we have found our new Parkersburg home.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Lalaloo
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I stayed here 3 nights for business. I requested the top floor and did get a room on the top floor. I’m a nonsmoker and my room was next to the smoking rooms so there was a strong odor of cigarettes while in the hall way and my room. The room itself was clean. The temperature controls were easy to use and for the most part kept the room at the desired setting. There are not many choices in the area. If I go back to the area I will be staying here.

Room Tip: There is a Wal-mart about 3 miles away
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2012

This hotel was clean, and comfortable, but other than Cracker barrel (which I like) there isn't much close by.... unless you want strip clubs because there are about 4 within what seems like half a mile in any direction along with a truck stop fairly close by so as a parent this hotel wouldn't be my first choice. I suppose I should follow that up by saying again that the hotel and staff were great, and the clubs were out of their control, but the simple fact of the matter is that they are close by.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Parkersburg - Mineral Wells, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear Dan m,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our property. I am glad that you found our staff service excellent enough for your needs. I certainly apologize for the negative impression you had about our location. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Pam G.

The Blennerhassett Hotel
#2 of 11 in Parkersburg
Wingate by Wyndham Vienna Parkersburg
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Parkersburg

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Parkersburg - Mineral Wells? Share your experiences!