“Second Visit,one unpleasant incident”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Parkersburg - Mineral Wells
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Mineral Wells
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I have stayed and reviewed this hotel in the past.This visit,there was one thing in particular that happened that should not have.I was staying due to a death in the family.Upon checking in,I advised the front desk clerk that I was giving her my debit card to hold the room but I didn't have enough in the card to pay and would pay with a different method upon checkout.Two days later when checking out,I found out that a hold of the total funds had been placed pending on my card.This took that amount out of the available funds for me to have to use on my card.I first called the hotel and advised what had happened.The front desk clerk told me that it would be taken off within a few days and that is how they do it.I called my bank and was told that the hotel had to release the hold before my account could have the funds available again.The hotel did send the bank the information needed to release the hold and I had the money available within a few hours.Just be careful if in the same situation to make sure they DO NOT put a hold on your card

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this property on Sunday night, 7/22/12. We had a double queen room, and it was excellent. The staff was very good, professional, and personable. The level of cleanliness was tops, the room was just great. We had no complaints and will stay there anytime it is on our route.

The breakfast was satisfying, and the attendant was charming, helpful and friendly. Altogether, it made the first night of our trip a happy one, and a good omen for the rest of the vacation! thanks to one and all.

There is a nice pool, exercise room and business center.

Room Tip: Always read the Trip Advisors reviews, of course! I do, and it really helps. At this one I called ah...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Our family reunion was recently held at this hotel and cannot say enough about how pleased we were. From the planning stage when I met with Pam, the General Manager, until the end of a four night stay for some of us it was a very pleasurable experience. Family members came from Ga. Ind. Pa. Md. Oh. and WV and all said it was one of the nicest hotels they had visited. We had just recently had a bad storm in our area and as a result, many folks were there because they had no electricity in their homes and several utility workers from out of town were there but it was always quiet. We used their meeting room on Sat for our formal meal but all during our stay we spent a lot of time in their lovely breakfast room which was open twenty four hours, had a lovely view with deer roaming sometimes in the evening. Awesome experience!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I stay here frequently but I live right down the street. I stay when a utility needs repaired, including AC because I'm spoiled, and this place is my migraine squasher. Good shower heads and soft yet firm pillows something about it gets rid of the migraine nothing else can kill. I've gotten to know some of the staff this way, and they don't have a high turnover rate so the people here generally know what they are doing and they are super friendly. I can tell by the way they treat me and the other guests that customer service is a top priority. The fact that I'm a returning customer speaks volumes because I am very picky about who gets my money based on my needs and the company's principle. Out of all the hotels in this area, the Holiday Inn Express is my top choice. Breakfast is super delicious too.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Our family was in Parkersburk for a family nreunion and stayed at this property just a mile from our home place. We were blown away by the welcoming reception we received from the General Manager (Pam) and the helpful, friendy, can do attitude of the staff -- particularly "Randy."

If you are staying in the vicinity of Parkersburg, WV this is where you should stay. The motel is relatively new and clean and the staff is exceptional.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Stayed at this property, (2 rooms) right off the interstate, on a Friday night. Front desk was awesome, friendly and helpful and seemed genuinely glad to have us as guests. The hotel was very clean and neat in appearance and our rooms (1-2 bed and 1 King) were excellent. Very clean and fresh smelling, wonderful beds and towels. And, the windows opened. So nice to have an evening breeze in the room all night instead of just recirculated air.Breakfast selection was great, all hot and presented well. Very attentive staff who kept the breakfast room clean and well stocked. What a wonderful stay. Only downside was that it is a pet friendly property and there were barking dogs with owners in tow up and down the hall early in the morning Saturday. Not sure why a great property like this HIE has to allow pets. Let them stay at the Super 8! Just a pet peeve of mine.

Room Tip: Higher floors if you plan to leave the window open.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2012

After over an eight hour drive, we were greeted by a friendly face at the front desk, and our positive experience at this hotel just continued. During our two-day stay, we were given, upon request, an excellent recommendation for dinner, a helpful guide to a complicated TV, extra towels immediately upon request, and warm staff everywhere. Breakfast area was very clean and inviting. Bed and pillows provided great sleep. Hot tub was pleasurable and just the right temperature. Upon our departure, two staff members gave us terrific driving directions to our next destination. Can't say enought good things about our stay - would recommend anytime!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Wingate by Wyndham Vienna Parkersburg
The Blennerhassett Hotel
The Blennerhassett Hotel
#2 of 11 in Parkersburg

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Parkersburg - Mineral Wells? Share your experiences!