“While traveling on business I stayed at the Mineral...”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Mineral Wells/Parkersburg
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Mineral Wells
Charleston
“While traveling on business I stayed at the Mineral...”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

While traveling on business I stayed at the Mineral Wells/Parkersburg Microtel Inn. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Amoszac, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Mineral Wells/Parkersburg, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We hope you stay with us again when traveling through this area.

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Barboursville
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I made reservations online for this hotel as I had work in the area. Unknown to me, this hotel had just opened on the 28th of Feb. 2013. You would think that a hotel would not open until everything was in place for guest but I found out otherwise.
Although this being only a two story hotel, the elevator was not even installed yet. That being said, I asked for a room near the end of the hallway so I would not have to carry all that I had, a long distance to the room. The desk clerk accommodated me with the request.
I went back to my vehicle and pulled around to the side of the building to take baggage to my room on the second floor. This is when I found out that the doors on the end's of the hotel did not have a key lock installed yet so you could not enter this way. You can go out from inside but have to enter the hotel by the front doors only at this time. I pulled back around front and asked the clerk why he did not bother to tell me that you could not enter from the end doors. He responded, "I forgot!".
I had to enter through the front doors, which are in the center of the building, walk down the length of hallway to the end go up the stairs and down the second floor hallway to my room. What a pain! The front desk told me that the elevator will not be installed until maybe the end of March sometime and that the key locks for the end of hallway doors are on order.
I would recommend calling the hotel to find out if these items have been taken care of before booking your room.

Room Tip: Check your room before accepting and call ahead of time to see if the items stated above have been a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Trbl4u2
Amoszac, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Mineral Wells/Parkersburg, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
This Microtel Inn by Wyndham has been newly renovated, and under new ownership. The building didn't have an elevator and will be installed beginning first part of May. The two side exterior doors will be working by the end of March. Staff is informed to address these issues with guests during check in. Our staff will progress in keeping guests updated on all current statuses. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Management
#5 of 11 in Parkersburg
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#3 of 11 in Parkersburg

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Mineral Wells/Parkersburg? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Mineral Wells/Parkersburg

Property: Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Mineral Wells/Parkersburg
Address: 94 Old Nicholette Rd, Mineral Wells, WV 26150-6702 (Formerly Knights Inn Mineral Wells)
Location: United States > West Virginia > Mineral Wells
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Mineral Wells
Hotel Class:2 star — Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Mineral Wells/Parkersburg 2*
All rooms come with a 32" LED HD flat screen TV, coffee/tea maker, refrigerator, and microwave. Every room also includes an iron/ironing board, and a hair dryer. Complimentary wireless internet access, and free local and long distance calling (within the Continental U.S.)available in all rooms. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Mineral Wells/Parkersburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Microtel Mineral Wells