“finally wised up” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Mineral Wells
Danville, Virginia, United States
“finally wised up”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

ya ive been coming here once a month for 7 months. i come to see my daughter that is six...a broken marriage kinda thing shes got the house i gotta get a hotel .anyhow im in here right now with my daughter sleeping lol! since the first stay there has been problems first of all its an indian rundown hotel that smells so terribly strong of curry or whatever they use,second is the carpets are nasty i will not take off my flip flops or allow my daughter to.third the tvs old,way out dated the beds are horrible.and ive actuallly been here once a month for 7 months because im cheap,the hot tub has never been fixed the pool is green instead of blue,lets talk about the pool they have one ladder in it when i first arrived the bottem step was broken,then the next time the middle one was now they got caution tape on top instead of fixing it or the hot tub,,never again will i give them a dollar more! even the side acess hve duct tape over the key slots but its very easy to stick the card in and kinda break in lol.my ac went out we moved rooms to one that has a tv that is all red and green in color and there is a terrible cat urine smell in it. im going to go get my money back and not be so dang cheap anymore!!!its really seriously terrible and the stench is overwehelming...i will not subject my daughters or my self o this filth again..DONT STAY HERE !!!!!!

Room Tip: none go elsehere
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Daniel M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Parkersburg, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2012

I stayed a couple nights last weekend and had such a relaxing time that I stayed an extra night!!! Now I am back to let my children enjoy their indoor pool for the second weekend in a row. They remembered me as soon as I checked in and it made me feel very welcome! I will be back! Thanks again....Melissa!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Melissa M
WV
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2011

Stayed for two nights on buisness. Rooms were really nothing to write home about but were clean and comfortable. Could have used a little better pillows. Breakfast in the lobby was cereal,coffee, and waffles. Only had the coffee so I cannot really rate anything else. I would recommend this hotel if you are not looking for anything fancy just a place to get a good nights sleep.

• Stayed September 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jsmith606
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2011

I wonder if some of these negative reviews are from "local competitors" or from real people that are used to, and were expecting, a Hilton or Westin experience?? My feedback: Great value - indoor pool and nice breakfast (waffles!) included in price. Much nicer than the typical place in this price range. Easy access off I-77 exit 170. Front desk staff was friendly and polite. My room was clean, no odor, and spacious. Looked newly remodeled when I was there in 2010. Safe and secure - keycard required for entrance thru side doors (it's a hotel, not a motel where your door opens up to the parking lot). Places to eat nearby - sit down & fast food. Close to Parkersburg (7 miles) if you need "city stuff" - stores, restaurants, etc.

Room Tip: if checking in late in the evening, ask for "special discount" if they have a high vacancy...
  • Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
St. Albans
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed here for two nights this past weekend for a softball tourney because all of the other places in town were booked. Place is horribly out dated. Carpets stained. Burns in the blankets, sheets etc even though it was a non smoking room. Hallways and room had an odor that I really cant describe. No sound break between rooms, very very loud..could hear everything between rooms, finally had to call desk to quiet next room down at 1am. Had to call from my cell as room phone was not working. Clock in room didn't work either. Pool area was decent. Girls enjoyed it. Hot tub down and per other reviews this is a permanent issue. Signs everywhere say no pets but there is one in the office and lobby. We recvd a discount group rate of $64.. But this is truely to much to stay here. they could not pay me to stay here
again. An added note....not that they can control this but it is also beside a strip club..ugghhh

• Stayed June 2011
4 Thank khudsonwv

Travelers are raving about these Mineral Wells hotels

Erlanger
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2010

this hotel advertised an indoor pool and hot tub (jacuzzi) . I called hotel directly a few days before I booked in December and double checked that they had these amenities I was told that they did . When I arrived I found that the hot tub had been broken since august , then I was told that the pool was kept at 75 degrees , this of course made the pool unusable as it was to cold to swim in . another surprise that awaited me was the use of a large gaurd dog in the front lobby , we arrived at 3:30pm to check in and the dog greeted us barking , it was behind the counter and barked constantly for several mins while the clerk told us 'don't worry he doesn't bite - not very reassuring. we were told that the dog wondered the halls after it 'got late' and if we were going to be out late we would need to be buzzed in and out , we were not told what time 'late' was or how to go about being buzzed in and out . we were there to visit our grandchildern over christmas needless to say we didn't have the best time with all the restictions . as for the room the beds were old and so hard and worn out that we couldn't get any decent sleep and the heater didn't have a woking thermastat, we were constantly having to get up and turn the heat on and off to try to stay even a little comfortable . the heat lamp in the bathroom was diabled and the smoke detecter was hanging from the ceiling by a wire . we would have left and found another room if we could have afforded to do so but this one was prepaid thru hotels.com so we couldn't get our money back , a very bad experience all around the things that were good about the hotel was that it was clean and the Wi-Fi worked .I will not use hotels.com again as I can't trust there site to have accurate information . or any recourse when something this awful happens .

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dwhitlatch
WV
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2010

I was a little nervous because of some of the reviews and the low price but I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived. very nice staff, great breakfast and really clean hotel and rooms. They have a nice indoor pool and the hotel was really quiet and clean, it appears they have remodeled within the past couple of years. I would definately stay here again, a great bargain!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
#2 of 5 in Mineral Wells
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#3 of 10 in Parkersburg

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!