“gREAT CHECK IN”

Hampton Inn Parkersburg
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Mineral Wells
Reviewed July 14, 2013

The young lady checking me in was outstanding, extremely fast and friendly. The best check in this year with the exception of a Ritz Carleton I checked in... in January. I will be staying at your hotel in the future. The breakfast was mediocre but expected for the price of the hotel...bEST NIGHTS SLEEP AT A HOTEL IN THE LAST FEW YEARS.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stayed across the street at the Comfort Inn last time through but opted for the upscale Hampton Inn this time. The Internet disconnected every 5-10 seconds proving it impossible to do business. The staff was terrific and clearly frustrated at making excuses for the service. The technology exists to provide a satisfactory connection, clearly the owner doesn't care. This is NOT your typical HI, save money and stay across the street.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Its nice and Very clean. Ice machine works. Close to McDonalds and cracker barrel. And a mini mart is next door. We like it. It has a very clean pool. Parking serms to be safe. You can park in back. No can see your car or motorcycle.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 29, 2013

If this were an economy hotel, I would give it a 4. Since this is a Hampton, my expectations are higher so I gave it a 2 based on comparisons of other Hamptons.

My focus is on the breakfast. On 5/26, I entered the messy breakfast area at 10 A.M. Nothing was stocked. The biscuits were out, the eggs were out, all the other items were very low is supply. I saw no person taking care of the breakfast. No one was at the front desk either so I couldn't complain. I ate at McDonald's. Also there were no morning papers, which I thought was mandatory at Hamptons.

At check-out, I was ready to complain, but once again, I saw no person at the front desk. I just left my key at the desk and left. I will never return to this Hampton.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Tally L
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have stayed at this Hotel many times and have never had a problem. The Staff has always been helpful. We needed a baby bed during our stay and one was provided. The room was very clean, friendly staff.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I arrived late afternoon for a little getaway trip with my wife..when I arrived I was not welcomed as a diamond member nor was I offered a goody bag that is offered to all gold and diamond members..the lobby looked nice the elevator was very dark inside , must of had part of the lighting burned out...we were on the top floor that appeared to have been recently remodeled the room was spottless, clean , bed was great, bathroom was clean great water pressure but room smelled bad of smoke and it was a non smoking room..the breakfast was very poor ..scrammbled eggs were cold and nasty tasting and the ham was dry...the breakfast was prob. the worst part of the whole stay...this Hampton was very inconsistant with most others, and showed no appreciation for someone being a diamond member...

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank teamster175
Reviewed April 27, 2013

The construction is sub-par for a Hampton. The floors are so flimsy you can feel how uneven they are just walking down the hall. The ceiling transmitted every step of the people above and we always knew their exact positions.

The breakfast was OK, though the eggs were congealed into pasty, sticky balls.

On the positive side, the bed was comfy and the room was clean. We had a room facing the back, which provided a decent view of some woods, instead of the dreck out on the highway.

A final quibble: Hilton did not credit us with any points to their rather stingy HHonors system simply because we had saved a few dollars by asking for an AARP rate. The points are already stingy. This is just mean.

Room Tip: Room on the top floor in the rear is preferable.