“Unexpected Upgrade”

Comfort Suites Mineral Wells
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Mineral Wells
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I went her for the first time for a last minute work trip for just one night. When I got there, I think I encountered the ditzy girl from another review at the front desk, but I did not find her unpleaseant. I was rather pleased that someone had acknowledged my Choice Priveledges Diamond Member status and upgraded me to the Presidential Suite. That was very nice as it is actually supposed to happen WAY more than it actually does. I wish they had done it on a 3, 4 or 5 night stay and not just a quick 7 hour overnight, but still very appreciated. Other Choice chain hotels should take note and free up some regular rooms for sale by upgrading Diamond members to rooms that normally go unsold almost every night. Obviously the room was very nice. The breakfast buffet was tasty. Location was good right off the highway. If I have to go back to this area for work or personal, I will definiatly be staying here.

Room Tip: If you are a Diamond Member, ask if they will upgrade you to the Presidential Suite.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Pete L
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Mineral Wells, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Thank you for choosing The Comfort Suites Mineral Wells for your recent stay, I am delighted you enjoyed your time in our company and very much appreciate that you took the time to write about your experience. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the (upgraded!) room, complimentary breakfast buffet and convenient location. On behalf of our entire team, thank you for being our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to our area.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel while visiting nearby Ohio. I was somewhat worried as we were traveling with our dog, and we chose this hotel as they welcomed our pet. I was expecting an older, run-down room and just hoped it would be clean enough and didn't smell badly. Were we in for a shock! We were given a room key for a spacious, well-appointed, very clean, and fresh as a daisy smelling room. This hotel must employ cutting edge laundering and cleaning techniques. The fluffy clean pillows and bedding provided a good night's sleep. The complimentary breakfast was wonderful. Think make your own waffles, hot scrambled eggs, sausage, creamed beef as well as cereals, yogurt, and fruit. It was frequently replenished by friendly and helpful employees. Since our stay was short and time limited, we did not take advantage of the fitness facility or indoor pool. There is also an adjacent restaurant/pub at which we did not eat, but seemed very convenient. Very minor negatives - the bathtub/shower only had a tiny area on which to lay shampoo, razor, etc. (Hotels must know we ladies take a lot in the shower with us!) and there was no sink/mirror area outside of the bathroom for use while someone else was in the bathroom. However, where the extra sink would be, there was a kitchenette with a small sink, coffeemaker, microwave, and fridge. Many would even prefer that. And my wi-fi only iPad would not get a signal, so unable to use it while in the room. All quite minor to me. I would absolutely choose this hotel again; our experience was very positive.

Room Tip: Unable to make a comparison, but our room on the second floor exceeded our expectations for travelin...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for such a detailed review; it is a great pleasure to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us at the Comfort Suites Mineral Wells. While we are a pet friendly hotel, our high standards of consistent cleanliness enable the hotel to create an environment that is satisfactory to both guests traveling with pets and those traveling without pets. We are pleased to hear we exceeded your expectations in the cleanliness and comfort departments.
Our complimentary hot and cold item breakfast is a guest favorite and we are glad you had the opportunity to enjoy it. Next time you stay with us, and we genuinely hope there is a next time, we hope you will have a chance to enjoy our other amenities such as our indoor pool and fitness center.
Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to share your experience with others.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

We stayed here on a family trip. We visit here often, and normally stay at another nearby hotel. We had stayed at the Comfort Suites before, and had heard that this one had been fixed up. Because they had sofas in most rooms, it looked more comfortable that the other hotels, which were more business traveler oriented.

Some things were good. We liked the security and pleasure of having a room opening on a locked courtyard. However, the refurbishing was not well done, and the bathroom flooring had major gaps at the edges. Our room had a jacuzzi, but this was also the shower, so it was a high step to get in and out of the shower.

The bed was the worst part, as the mattress was very springy and sagged. The wifi was very weak, and this was a major annoyance.

We also ate at the in-house restaurant, which was a mistake. The food was okay, but the server decided to take this time to clean all the glass windows and doors, and the smell of window cleaner made it hard to enjoy the food.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Donna R
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Mineral Wells, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to provide us with detailed feedback on your stay. We appreciate your compliments and are mindful of your specific concerns which have been shared with the appropriate staff members. Please accept my apologies for the disappointments that occurred during your stay. Our management and, in fact, entire staff take all guest concerns and feedback very seriously as we work continuously to provide the best possible stay for each of our guests. We hope you will join us again soon and give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

We picked up a "paper" at the visitor center that had hotel coupons, and this hotel was a random choice -- it turned out to be the best overnight on our trip. The hotel is large, with a lovely courtyard in the center. The beds were comfortable and the breakfast was huge. We had dinner at the on-premise restaurant and it was very good. It was nice to not have to leave the premises for anything and I got my walking time in at the courtyard after dark. Great stop.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Mineral Wells, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Thank you for trusting us with your hotel needs and for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. Even if the choice was random, we are glad you picked us. We are pleased that our spacious courtyard, comfortable beds and great food added up to a great stay for you. We hope that we have won your loyalty and that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to or through Mineral Wells.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Easy access off Highway 77--- friendly and efficient reception---clean large room with Jacuzzi---comfortable bed---standard breakfast in pleasant room---overall a very satisfactory overnight stop on way down South.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Mid_AtlanticMichele, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Mineral Wells, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

We appreciate your taking the time to write a review about your stay with us! Your comments are descriptors for the very things we do strive for in taking care of our guests - "friendly & efficient" and an "overall very satisfactory stay". As you also noted, we are easily accessible to the interstate yet with our spacious grounds and interior corridor are a very quiet location. Thank you for both your visit with us and your kind review. We hope you visit again when you travel back north!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stay at a lot of hotels and this is the first time I ever asked for a refund. The manger gave us the "coupon rate" and knocked about 25% off the bill, which I am thankful for, but for all the problems and frustration, it was not worth it.

The hotel itself is ok. The room was clean and it was plenty large. My wife and I booked the room a few nights before for a stay on our motorcycle trip. We checked in about 6:30 and the young girl seemed a little ditzy. We went and ate and went to bed early because we were very tired. I think it was about 10:30 when we hear someone trying to get in our room. I think they are getting in the next room and just really loud but they keep trying and eventually I realize they are trying to get in my room. I had it dead-bolted so I didn't notice they were actually opening the lock because the girl up front has given them keys to out room. I look out and see some people saying "there's someone in there!". I called the front desk and the girl is completely flustered and confused. She asked me why I didn't check out this morning. I explained that I just got there at 6:30. This went back and forth a little and then when she asked my name, she said, "Oh my God, you're in the wrong room". I was in the room that she wrote on my key and my key opened the door I explained. She said I was in 126 but was supposed to be in 128. I think she really thought I was going to move for a minute. Then she said she would call back.

After a bit, she called and said she was sorry and was taking care of it. I asked if I could talk to a manager and she said she had already called and woken up the manager, but I could talk with her in the morning. I asked her to leave notes for the manager so we could discuss this.

Then to make matters worse the wedding party apparently moved from the pub to outside my door. They were hanging out and talking loud and we couldn't sleep. I called and she said "yeah I've already got cussed out a minute ago". But she apologized and this time took care of it quickly because they left soon after that. I just think they should have processes in place that would ensure the wrong room isn't given and secondly when there is a problem there needs to be more professional service on the phone.

Lastly, after the noise outside died down, the people above us must have been having a walkathon on our paper-thin ceiling because it sounded like elephants were herding for over an hour. So beware the floors / ceilings.

In the morning the manager said the only note she had from the night staff was that there was a problem that needed to be straightened out. I would say that if they fix the personnel issue, the ceiling is the only thing you should be aware of if you are considering this hotel. The room was clean, beds were fine and the breakfast was good, too. Our experience was really bad, but that was specific to the night and to us.

They still get a terrible review that I believe is justified. Just think what would have happen if we had not had the dead-bolt locked. Or if they had come when we were out at dinner.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank G4VTX
Mid_AtlanticMichele, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Mineral Wells, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. While we were glad to hear that your room was clean and that you appreciated the spaciousness of the size of our rooms, we were very sorry to hear about the rest of your experience. It is unacceptable that a room mix up such as yours would occur. We were also disappointed to hear that there was a lack of appropriate communication between staff members about your experience. Your feedback has been taken very seriously and we have addressed room security procedures again with our staff members. Appropriate measures have been taken to ensure this does not happen to future guests. We apologize on behalf of the celebrating guests that were not considerate of other guests in the hotel. Every attempt is made to ensure that all guests have a quiet, relaxing visit with us. Again, we truly appreciate your honest and detailed feedback as this helps us to improve the experience for our future guests.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

If it weren't for the HORRIBLE service at this hotel, we would have given it a 5. As it was, if I could give it a quarter point, I would. A "block" of rooms had been supposedly reserved for a wedding we were attending. However, the rooms were scattered all over the hotel. And there were lots of problems with the reservations. When I made reservations several months ahead for my husband and myself, I was told we would only get the discount rate for the actual wedding day, not the day before when we were arriving. I had to call the mother of the bride who contacted the hotel to straighten things out. Our younger daughter had the same problem when she was making her reservations. She called me to get our confirmation number to give to the woman at the desk to prove that the lower rate was correct for whatever dates people were staying. Then, our older daughter called three times from Moscow, Russia, to make her reservations and had the exact same problem with the staff, needing to contact the mother-of-the bride to fix the problem. On the day this daughter and her boyfriend arrived to check in, they were told there were no rooms in either her name or her boyfriend's name. It took an hour and a half to come to any kind of a solution. When this daughter made her reservations, she reserved 2 rooms for 2 days. The hotel set aside 2 rooms for 1 day. But, it was for the following day, not the day they arrived. So, they had NO room for the night. No apologizes from the staff. No help in solving the problem. No accepting of any responsibility for their mistake. They just DIDN'T CARE. At the same time, there were other people sitting in the lobby who had been told that there was no room available for them either even though they too had reservations. And they were also given no help, no apologies, no nothing. The hotel had overbooked on purpose to not lose money on rooms that people didn't appear for. All they cared about was money, certainly not customers. Then, the next morning, when our son and his wife arrived to check in, they discovered that they too, had no room available despite having had made reservations. Again, no apologies, no help finding anything else in the area, no compensation. My son ended up staying at a place 25 minutes away. Was not able to enjoy the wedding to the fullest. We will NEVER stay at this place or any place associated with it again.

Room Tip: The best tip I have is to stay away from this place and book a room elsewhere.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mary Fran C

While it may be very difficult to hear that we have failed to take care of our guests in a satisfactory manner, especially for something as memorable as a wedding celebration, we very much appreciate such feedback so that we may seek ways to improve future guest experiences. We pride ourselves in providing the best of guest service to all of our guests and it sounds as if we really missed the mark with your group. When we contract with a group such as yours we do try to clarify upfront that it is impossible to "guarantee" room placement but that it is in our own best interest for guest satisfaction to do so when at all possible. With groups there are typically multiple placement requests and we try to meet those requests to the best of our ability. The person initiating the group is also notified that the block will drop off typically three weeks prior to arrival date, in order to have time to resell any rooms remaining in the block, if the rooms are not individually guaranteed by credit card by individuals attending. Our goal is that the entire reservation process is seamless for the every guest that calls in to reserve from a group block. I am very, very sorry that this was not the case with your group. We have taken your comments to heart and met with the team at the hotel to determine ways to ensure that future groups flow in a much better fashion. Thank you again for your honest feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mineral Wells
Comfort Inn Parkersburg
Comfort Inn Parkersburg
#7 of 11 in Parkersburg
Comfort Suites Marietta-Parkersburg

Been to Comfort Suites Mineral Wells? Share your experiences!