I stay at a lot of hotels and this is the first time I ever asked for a refund. The manger gave us the "coupon rate" and knocked about 25% off the bill, which I am thankful for, but for all the problems and frustration, it was not worth it.
The hotel itself is ok. The room was clean and it was plenty large. My wife and I booked the room a few nights before for a stay on our motorcycle trip. We checked in about 6:30 and the young girl seemed a little ditzy. We went and ate and went to bed early because we were very tired. I think it was about 10:30 when we hear someone trying to get in our room. I think they are getting in the next room and just really loud but they keep trying and eventually I realize they are trying to get in my room. I had it dead-bolted so I didn't notice they were actually opening the lock because the girl up front has given them keys to out room. I look out and see some people saying "there's someone in there!". I called the front desk and the girl is completely flustered and confused. She asked me why I didn't check out this morning. I explained that I just got there at 6:30. This went back and forth a little and then when she asked my name, she said, "Oh my God, you're in the wrong room". I was in the room that she wrote on my key and my key opened the door I explained. She said I was in 126 but was supposed to be in 128. I think she really thought I was going to move for a minute. Then she said she would call back.
After a bit, she called and said she was sorry and was taking care of it. I asked if I could talk to a manager and she said she had already called and woken up the manager, but I could talk with her in the morning. I asked her to leave notes for the manager so we could discuss this.
Then to make matters worse the wedding party apparently moved from the pub to outside my door. They were hanging out and talking loud and we couldn't sleep. I called and she said "yeah I've already got cussed out a minute ago". But she apologized and this time took care of it quickly because they left soon after that. I just think they should have processes in place that would ensure the wrong room isn't given and secondly when there is a problem there needs to be more professional service on the phone.
Lastly, after the noise outside died down, the people above us must have been having a walkathon on our paper-thin ceiling because it sounded like elephants were herding for over an hour. So beware the floors / ceilings.
In the morning the manager said the only note she had from the night staff was that there was a problem that needed to be straightened out. I would say that if they fix the personnel issue, the ceiling is the only thing you should be aware of if you are considering this hotel. The room was clean, beds were fine and the breakfast was good, too. Our experience was really bad, but that was specific to the night and to us.
They still get a terrible review that I believe is justified. Just think what would have happen if we had not had the dead-bolt locked. Or if they had come when we were out at dinner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This modest, all-suite, low-rise hotel is near Interstate 77 and is 10.8 miles from Blennerhassett Island Historical State Park. The relaxed suites have en suite bathrooms, as well as free WiFi, flat-screen TVs, microwaves, minifridges, coffeemakers and wet bars. Some come with kitchenettes and whirlpool tubs. A complimentary hot breakfast buffet is provided, as is a local area shuttle and RV parking. The hotel offers computers for guests' use. There's an indoor/outdoor heated pool, a gym, and an on-site bar, plus a meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Choice Hotels, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Orbitz so you can book your Comfort Suites Mineral Wells reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Mineral Wells Hotel Mineral Wells
- Mineral Wells Comfort Suites