“I stay here twice a week and feel like family”

Comfort Suites Mineral Wells
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Mineral Wells
Beavercreek, Ohio, United States
“I stay here twice a week and feel like family”
Reviewed September 28, 2011

The rooms are always clean and comfortable the staff is friendly and helpful. I have stayed here Tuesdays and Thursdays for over a year and have never been disappointed.
The people of West Virginia are a great lot warm and friendly. Don't be surprised to be adopted right off like I was. Love you guys
Ralph L.

Room Tip: No worries I've never had a bad room here.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Mid_AtlanticMichele, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Mineral Wells, responded to this review, October 31, 2011
Thank you for your very kind comments! It is very gratifying to hear that we have met our goal of "we love guests" service and have made you feel like family. We appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts and look forward to many years of Tuesday's and Thursday's!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I booked this hotel for our family of four ( which includes two children under 11) for a weekend in July on the recommendation of family who live in the area. We needed a place to stay for a Friday and Saturday night. The hotel wasn't fully booked, because there were people without reservations inquiring after and receiving rooms as we were checking in.

The hotel isn't hard to find off of I-77 and we had no problem with road noise. It's directly across from a Taco Bell and close to a McDonald's and a gas station. There are some other food options close by. The parking lot of the hotel was huge but it was crammed full of cars both nights.

I did get the impression that there were was a mix of people like us, staying for just a few days, and longer term residents at this hotel. That would make sense, given that some of the rooms had pretty elaborate kitchenettes. If I am remembering correctly, our room's kitchenette even had a dishwasher, in addition to the standard mini fridge, microwave, and bar sink. The cupboards had some dishes. The room itself was spacious and clean. The bathroom was dark, though, and needed better lighting.

I found the layout of the hotel to be a bit confusing, and you needed a key to go from building to building at the oddest of times. That was ok for us, in sunny and warm weather. It would've been really annoying in cold/snowy/rainy times. The room numbers didn't make much sense. We were there with additional family members in two other rooms of the hotel and had a hard time figuring out where exactly they were located! The public areas of the hotel were nice and clean, with the exception of the outside picnic area. Smokers really congregated around it, especially at night. We came back to the room around 11:00 one night and my kids were a little intimidated, having to walk by the crowd of smokers around the picnic pavilion! The trash can there was overflowing.

The last two times we've stayed in the area we've stayed at the Blennerhasset. The main reason we stayed at this hotel was so our kids could swim in the pool, so they were looking forward to doing that. The indoor and outdoor pools here were nice, although not very big. The kids said the water was a good temperature. There were plenty of chairs around the pool and plenty of towels. The pool area was close to the bar so that the adults could enjoy a beverage while the kids swam. Unfortunately, lots of other adults had the same idea and close to the 11:00 p.m. pool closing time (which was when we had time for our kids to swim), the atmosphere around the pool wasn't always so family friendly. Obviously that's not always going to be the case and that can happen anywhere, but we had to cut swimming short, and that was a bummer.

Overall, this hotel was ok. I was not expecting it to be quite as crowded as it was. From the pool to the parking lot (it was full every night) to the breakfast area, the hotel was FULL. I guess this is a popular place. I wasn't terribly impressed. Am I expecting too much for Mineral Wells, WV? Maybe. The staff was courteous. The place was clean. It was kind of pricey for location, I think.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed September 8, 2011

The front office staff was very friendly; they even gave our dog a "woof" bag that included a few dog treats and a toy. The room was clean and comfortable and they offer a full hot breakfast that included real plates and silverware.
Their courtyard is beautifully landscaped, and they even have a bbq and picnic table if you want to prepare your own food.
If we pass through here again, we would definitely get a room at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Summersville
Reviewed September 7, 2011

Amazing value, Belinds,s Lasagnia is to die for, she is an AMAZING BAR TENDER! Vern is a wonderful cook and host that always leaves me wanting more of anything that is on the Menue!

• Stayed July 2011
pt pleasent wv
Reviewed August 28, 2011

I thank this is one of the best hotels ive stayed in.I was strandeed in this town and the staff from chantell frountdesk clerk/assistant head house keeper, and angela to the hostess marie and cook terry made my stay comfortable and enjoyable.Thankyou staff for going the
extra 2 miles for me beyound yourduty

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed August 10, 2011

For the money this is a great hotel. It was clean, and the rooms looked newly renovated. Room had two queen beds, and they were very comfortable. They served a nice free breakfast in the morning. The indoor/outdoor pool was a real treat. They are pet friendly, which was a plus with me. When I am in the area, I will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
West Virginia
Reviewed July 31, 2011

We returned to Comfort Suites again this year. We received great service from the front desk and restaurant staff. When I went to the front desk to ask for change to get a paper from the machine, she just gave me a paper. The room was clean and comfortable. Dinner at the hotel restaurant and the continental breakfast were very good. After last year's bad experience, we almost did not return, but this trip was much better. The only negative issue is the algae on the tiles around the pool. They need cleaning. Other than that, a great visit!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
The Blennerhassett Hotel
The Blennerhassett Hotel
#2 of 10 in Parkersburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Parkersburg Downtown

Been to Comfort Suites Mineral Wells? Share your experiences!