“Unbutton your pants - you want to make the most of this”
Review of Wingo's Grill

Wingo's Grill
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Matewan
Reviewed November 2, 2012

My wife and I were doing geocaching of the Hatfield and McCoy sites. We stopped in Matewan to find a place to eat. Coming from a small town ourself, we understand that the best is not always the brightest lit or advertised. We were right with this pick. We were greeted with cheer. My wife ordered the pulled pork and I a full rack of ribs.(thinking I would take what I did not eat with me back to the hotel). WOW the rack came. Only way to discribe is robust in volume. They tasted so good, guess how many went back to the hotel (0). Make this a stop, it is worth it if you are hungry. (Price not bad either).

Date of visit: October 2012
2  Thank Alan R

Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

We spent a great day on Buffalo Mountain Trail and ride into Matewan for lunch. I had the Boston Butt smoked pork sandwich. This is awesome. Smoky and tender and delicious. Good wings and several types of BBQ sauces to try, but the smoked pork is something to write home about, and to plan a trip into town for.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

It was smoked onsite and they had homemade sauces to choose from as well. My son had the ribs, and they fell off the bone! This place was awesome!

Date of visit: May 2012