“Air Conditioner broken”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed in West Virginia and decided to check out Kobe Japanese Steak House. When we walked in the door, it was extremely hot. I wasn't sure I wanted to stay, but my family did.

Apparently according to our chef, the air conditioner had been broken for 2 weeks! While we were there the waitress told us that it had hit 90 degrees inside.

It was terribly hot and I felt bad for the chefs cooking over the grills.

The service and food was good but had a really hard time understanding why a business would operate without air conditioning when it was so hot outside. Poor management decision and I am sure they lost a lot of customers because of it.

1  Thank Debbie S

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Thought typical Hibachi style show and fare, this Kobe had different, special touches not usually found, The starter soup was less salty and more flavorful, the house sesame dressing was excellent, dinner came with egg noodles on the grill. The fried rice was an additional charge, but was again only lightly salted/seasoned. THe shrimp and scallops were large sized, well cooked and seasoned. Likewise the chicken, though teriyaki flavored, was not highly salted. This is my least favorite part of Hibachi cooking--usually very salty from the soy and teriyaki seasonings. However, this Kobe was a welcome exception! Good on them for being a little more healthy! We were seated with a family with 3 kids under 9, and the cook did a great job playing with them to keep them engaged. Wish my home area Hibachi restaurants were as mindful as this Kobe about healthy eating!!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Hibachi, Sushi, great menu all around. The bar drinks are well made. The ambience is great. The service leaves nothing to complain about. The facilities are clean and well maintained. You will definitely love stoppping by.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We had a reservation for 7pm and showed up exactly on time. Our friends were running a few minutes late. The hostess said she would not seat us and we would have to wait at the unattended bar until our friends arrived, and if they did not arrive within 15 mins we would all lose our table - even though two of us were present!! The idea of turning away customers who are in the restaurant and wanting to spend money is crazy to me. We ended up leaving and going to a really EXCELLENT Japanese restaurant nearby off 81S exit 20 near Walmart.

1  Thank AllaboutEurope121
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Food there was good, but it's not for the light in the wallet. That's why I've been well over a year in going. For me, it must be a special occassion to go there. And that's only been once.