“Horrible in every possible way” 1 of 5 bubbles

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #46 of 157 Restaurants in Martinsburg
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Charles Town, West Virginia
“Horrible in every possible way”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

On June 22, my partner and I visited this restaurant. The service has always been iffy and we have avoided it since it has been closed twice by the health department. But I needed an Outback fix. I should have gone elsewhere. We arrived about 730 pm and were seated promply. My partner ordered water with lemon and the waitress said she would have to go find some lemon. We were right next to the bar so I have no idea where she had to go but she eventually returned with a wedge of lemon. It took about 20-30 minutes to get our food order. A young man brough my steak out and plopped it down in front of me. There was no side dish with it. He said "We are out of baked potatoes. Do you want something else?" I ordered the mixed vegetables. After another 10-15 minutes, they were delivered. They were limp and cold. I asked for a manger. She came out after another 10 minutes or so with a baked potato and many excuses. The steak was overcooked, the service was AWFUL, and the manager gave us a coupon for a free appetizer. That does not work for me. Just deliver what I pay for and I am happy. We did not pay for dinner (the manager said it was on the house) and we left. This whole experience was horrible. If you need Outback, go to the location in Hagerstown MD. It is superb in every way. But avoid Martinsburg at all costs.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank James K

“Waitress horrible”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

I love Outback so I tried this lacation again with the same result. A terrible waitress. What is so hard about asking to hold the onion and blue cheese on my wifes steak salad. Kitchen or waitress or both?? The waitress at the table beside us was busting her tail and they didn't have to ask for anything. We had to ask for everything. I had a $5 off coupon that wasn't taken off the check. We had been there long enough.I waited to tell her but she was no where to be found. I left cash for the check and left. Food quality was overall good. It's just a case, that you want it how you ordered it.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delectable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

Top notch service. Top notch food. Place is busy but it's well worth the wait. Their coconut shrimp and Caesar salad is amazing!

Visited February 2014
WEST VIRGINIA
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

This Outback has it all. Great location, beside the mall. Excellent food and terrific service. I love going here.

• Visited April 2014
“Under New Management”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

I dined there the other night and everything tasted great, the steaks were cooked perfect and the server was right on time with everything. A manager stopped by and through our conversation we learned that they are under entirely new management after they got shut down, even in the last 6 months, and encouraged me to look up the current health inspections, which I did, WOW what a change. It seems like Outback finally got the right people in there, I'll definitely be going back!

• Visited March 2014