“great hotel, inexpensive”

Hampton Inn Martinsburg
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Martinsburg
Reviewed May 2, 2013

The hotel is clean and well organized. The staff is more than courteous---they are friendly. They helped me find my way to multiple locations. I enjoyed the tea and coffee that was available at all times. And while I did not eat the free breakfast, it smelled good and was popular with other guests. The price is also right.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed May 2, 2013

We are never disappointed when we stay at a Hampton Inn. They are clean and comfortable and I especially love the pillows. The copmplimentary breakfast has food for every kind of breakfast from cereal and fruit to waffles to eggs. We try to stay at a Hampton Inn whenever we are on the road.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2013

The hotel was off the highway a bit. Hard to find property entrance. Check in was fast and easy. We had a room on the third floor. There was nothing special about this hotel room. Room was average size. One problem we encountered was the drapes were stationary so the lights from the outside glared into the room. The mini fridge was very loud. The morning breakfast was good with scrambled eggs, assorted toast, assorted breakfast beverages, but sitting wise to eat not enough room for everyone. All in all for the price of this room, it was okay if you are tired from traveling as we were, but would not have stayed there otherwise.

Room Tip: Best bet is the highest floor toward the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed one night here and it was very nice. The room was spacious and clean as was the bathroom. The lobby was fresh and well decorated. The morning breakfast was what I expected with the extra touch on an employee coming by with some freshly baked pastries.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This was a great hotel. We were there for an event and didn't know much about the area. What a pleasant surprise! It was clear that each employee took pride in their job and the hotel. The result was that you felt like you were at home. I hope I have a reason to be in the area again soon.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We had a great stay with no problems. The room was clean, including the bedding. I slept so well I didn't get up in time for the free breakfast! I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Martinsburg area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank pghbballmom
Cheryl P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Martinsburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear phgbballmom,

Thank you so much for that great response. I am so sorry that you missed our complimentary On The House Hot Breakfast because it is delicious - but I am glad the beds were so comfortable that you overslept.

I'm sure we will see you again next year!

Yours in service,

Your Hampton Inn Martinsburg Family

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We had a pleasant stay with no issues. Staff was pleasant and helpful, hotel was clean, free breakfast is a plus. Located within walking distance of mall, grocery store, numerous restaurants, movie theatre. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area. I am sure we will stay again when visiting the Martinsburg area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Cheryl P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Martinsburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Dear Alliesmom11,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us at The Hampton Inn Martinsburg. I am glad that you found the staff to be pleasant and helpful. That is always our number one goal.

Now - you are a part of our Hampton Inn family and we look forward to your next visit.

Yours in service,

The team at the Hampton Inn Martinsburg

Also consider these accommodations in or near Martinsburg
Hilton Garden Inn Martinsburg
Clarion Inn Harpers Ferry
Clarion Inn Harpers Ferry
#1 of 3 in Harpers Ferry
Hampton Inn & Suites Charles Town

Been to Hampton Inn Martinsburg? Share your experiences!