“Great place!”

Hampton Inn Martinsburg
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Martinsburg
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Spacious, well appointed rooms. Excellent staff, always friendly and helpful. Comfy beds with genuinely clean (duvets too!) higher end bedding. Good value!

• Stayed: June 2012
Cheryl P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Martinsburg, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

WVAtravels,

Thank you for taking a moment to share the experience that you had at the Hamptoin Inn Martinsburg with the entire Tripadvisor community. The fact that you enjoyed your stay and felt compelled to write about it means more to me and my staff than I can ever say.

We know that we will see you again soon and we welcome you into our little family.

Yours in service,

The staff of The Hampton Inn Martinsburg

Reviewed May 18, 2012

The location did not show up on the GPS, but it's not that hard to find can see the hotel from the highway. Staff was wonderful, excellent service. I would definely stay again. Very, very Clean

Room Tip: To add herbal tea to the selection
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank disappointed1020
Cheryl P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Martinsburg, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Dear disappointed 2010,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your Hampton Inn Martinsburg experience with the Tripadvisor community. I am glad that we exceeded your expectations and that you had a great stay. Apologies about the GPS but you are right - thank goodness for great signage.

I have also added a bigger selection of herbal teas to our breakfast area. We are not allowed to put them in the guest rooms, but know that the next time time you are here, we will have them readily available.

Thank you for letting us be a part of your Hampton story and we are grateful that you are now a part of our family.

We'll see you next time!

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Is a great Twx steakhouse right next store. Cute downtown!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank EllenPiek
Cheryl P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Martinsburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2012

Dear EllenPiek,

Thank you so much for taking the time to spread the word about our hotel. I apologize about the bathroom fans - believe it or not we talk about this often and really hope to find some type of solution in the future. I am glad to know that you were still able to enjoy your stay even with that issue.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Perfect place to stay while sightseeing at historic sites in PA, MD, WV and VA...easily accessible on/off Interstate 81. General Manager most accommodating to a frazzled holiday traveler who had to change last minute travel plans. Staff is courteous and always attentive...it is refreshing to have staff acknowledge your existence beyond check-in/check-out. This Hampton Inn (Martinsburg) has been my choice for the past 12 years while visiting in the area - it has never disappointed me yet!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Seascape517

Dear Seascape517,

After 12 years you are no longer a guest - you are family! We are so thankful that you have been with us for so long - and that you have not been disappointed. Our team works very hard to make sure our guests have clean comfortable rooms, a hearty breakfast, excellent cookies and coffee and most of all an excellent guest experience. We enjoy making the connections and all of our guests help to write our Hampton story.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for letting us continue to be a part of your story.

We'll see you next year!

Reviewed March 7, 2012

I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn Martinsburg while traveling on family business. The hotel is conveniently located near the interstate and it was easy to find. Several restaurants were within walking distance. The front desk staff were super friendly, the hotel was spotless, the bed was comfortable, and unlike other reviewers I did not hear a lot of road noise (My room was directly by the interstate). I slept like a baby and intend to stay at the Hampton Inn Martinsburg on my future trips to the area.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Crystal D
Cheryl P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Martinsburg, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2012

CreeHatch,

Thank you so much for such a great review. I have shared your comments with the entire staff of the hotel and they were excited to know that one of our guests enjoyed the hotel so much that you actually took the time to write a review.

I am the General Manager of the hotel, and I know how hard my staff works to ensure that each guest has an enjoyable stay. We really do feel that our guests are our family and we try to treat everyone that way.

I'm glad that you had a great nights rest and that you will come back to see us the next time you are in Martinsburg, WV. We'll be waiting for you!

Reviewed December 13, 2011

Stayed here 1 night. Facilites were adequate but seemed a little older than most Hampton Inns. Workout room had windows facing the front right by the main entry doors. Unless you like being in a fish bowl while working out not very convient. There were lots of places within walking distance to eat at. Mall was within walking distance.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank kendarCharleston
Reviewed December 11, 2011

I stayed at this property for one night in November 2011 while in the area on business. I was sold a king room at an $89 price point.

The property is located adjacent to I-81 in an area with strip malls, restaurants and other business related facilities. It has a well-kept exterior and is within walking distance to mutiple restaurants. The area appeared to be safe and was certainly well lit.

Lobby and desk areas were clean and attractive. Check-in was a one minute affair as I utilized the echeck-in option. The property was at capacity during my stay.

Elevator cabs were clean and service was prompt. Interior hallways were clean and well lit. Hallway ice/soda machine areas were clean, and these locations can easily be overlooked by staff.

The room was clean, fresh and stocked with typical Hampton amenities. All electrical equipment functioned as advertised.

As mentioned above, the hotel is directly next to I-81 - literally just a few yards. That is where the problem lies. This road is so heavily travelled by trucks that road noise proved to be a "sleep preventer". It was very noticeable. So much so that rest was simply hard to come by. I found myself counting sheep - and trucks.

I travel many days per year and stay in properties at multiple price points. This one, whether it was poorly constructed or whatever, is probably the noisiest I have encountered in years - and that includes stays in dense, urban areas.

Breakfast was typical for a Hampton property. Breakfast staff were most polite and very busy. All breakfast items were continually restocked.

Upon check-out I mentioned the road noise issue to the clerk and asked for consideration of a reduced rate. I certainly used their facilities water, toiletries, breakfast etc. They incurred cost in me being there and deserved renumeration for that. At the same time, I did not feel I should pay full price. The clerk did not hesitate to not just adjust the bill - she zeroed it out. She pointed to the Hampton guarantee on the counter and indicated that since I was not 100% satisfied that the stay was on them. That is superior service delivery! I thanked her profusely and departed. I did so with a good feeling for the Hampton brand. Simply put, they practiced what they preached.

I had a marginal stay that was saved by superior service. That aside, the property is not for me. I will be in Martinsburg multiple times over the next year and will try the South Martinsburg property near Inwood, WV. It is farther from the highway and better rest will likely follow.

Room Tip: Stay as far away from I-81 as possible. Road noise is simply too much at this property.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank cburley
Also consider these accommodations in or near Martinsburg
Hilton Garden Inn Martinsburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Charles Town
Clarion Inn Harpers Ferry
Clarion Inn Harpers Ferry
#1 of 3 in Harpers Ferry

Been to Hampton Inn Martinsburg? Share your experiences!