“Awsome hotel”

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Martinsburg
Greece, New York
“Awsome hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2011

this hotel was great, nice rooms , clean, shower water pressure was strong, the heated inside pool was great my child loved it. nice job we will be back!!! !!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Amesbury, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2011

We stopped here on our way to see family. the room was clean, the service was good. Overall, a good pick for a layover. There were several restaurants close by as well as a restaurant on site. The only negative I could say was that they did not offer a free breakfast, which so many do.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank susan29509
Charleston, West Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times a year, for the past 10 years. The renovations are finally complete, but overall the hotel still has a half trendy, half outdated vibe.

The WiFi coverage needs to be managed better for a place that large. But, ultimately it gets the job done. Their "business center" consists of two computers and a printer practically in the hallway.

Food is within walking distance. Shops and stores are less than a mile up the road. And, I have never noticed noise from any of the traffic while in the room. Cops are ruthless with the speeders though.

There's plenty of parking and multiple ways to get in and out of the building, which a lot of first time visitors seem to overlook. However, as a woman often traveling alone, I sometimes dislike the parking situation. There's not enough lighting and it feels rather desolate.

The staff is lean, but seem genuine in helping if there are issues. Many of them have been there for years.

I like this place the most for it's consistency -- I know I'll get solid service in a great I81 location. I can watch a game down at the bar; drive a little ways and bet on the ponies; or stay in a comfortable bed and veg-out with TV.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2010

This is a great pet-friendly hotel in a safe area for anyone traveling I-81. Appears newly renovated. Reasonable pet fee ($25). Wide variety of restaurants (fast food & sit down chains) and other retailers within a mile. Spacious rooms - only drawback is lack of comfortable seating. King size bed but only one upholstered chair with ottoman, although there was plenty of room for a second chair. Room was equipped with small refrigerator, microwave and one cup coffee maker. This is a four story hotel but the design is such that the lobby area is on the 3rd floor so if you don't want to use the elevator, request a room on the 3rd floor.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Christine S
North Stonington, CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2010

Hotel was very neat and clean. Easy access right off the highway. Would stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed October 2010
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2010

Upon arrival I was very pleased with how nice the hotel appeared and the first staff member I encountered. So when he told me the room rate I was more than happy to pay. The room was very nice and comfortable. However the rest of the staff was not very friendly the women at the counter was just down right rude to me twice not sure what I did wrong she seemed pleasant to everyone else. Room service left a lot to be desired. They apparently were not aware that a person needs silverware to eat there food. After there third trip back because they meesed up our order I was able to eat my then cold breakfast. I guess I just expected more because of how expensive the hotel was! I do have to say if the room was about 30 dollars cheaper I would have been please because that's about all it was worth. If your looking for resonable rates and good service don't come here. If you are looking for a comfortable bed and don't mind paying an arm and a leg for it than this is the place. Oh and if u don't mind being treated like your a bother by the staff.

• Stayed October 2010
Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2010

I asked for a spacious pet friendly room. I got a tiny, two double beds, room with dirty dishes in front of the door, pubic hair on the toilet paper and in the tub and no room for a dog and a travel crib. It's too late and with a sleeping baby next to me I just have to suck it up. But holiday inn you have seriously let this tired mommy down! I can't even let my child down on the floor because it's sticky. I could have gone to an 89 bucks a night hotel for this experience. I'll write corporate if I have the energy. These rooms are soooooooooo too small and I made it clear to the reservations person what I needed.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family