All reviews small dog nice hotel in house restaurant off the highway the past years front desk staff enjoyable stay nice room ample parking west virginia parking lot easy access pet brandon dogs microwave
Reviewed June 11, 2010

One night stay at this Holiday Inn in Martinsburg, WV. Arrived around 11:00 pm. Staff person working desk was very friendly and helpful. She even escorted me to the exhibitor/workshop area for my meeting scheduled for the next day so I could drop off materials rather than take them to my room. Lobby was inviting with comfortable seating areas and a flat screen tv mounted to the wall. Guest room was a good size with a very comfortable bed. Microwave and fridge available in the room. Room and bathroom appeared very clean and in good repair. Appeared to be recently updated. Was not here long enough to access other hotel amenities. Would definitely stay here again when in the area. Easy access from highway and located near shops and restaurants as well as gas/convenience stores.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 20, 2009

I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Martinsburg WV for close to a week.

The location is very convenent, just off I-81, I think exit 13, W. King Street.. It's close to everything, a mall 1-2 minutes drive down the street on Foxcroft, Cracker Barrel, Applebees, Outback, Wal-mart etc. down near the mall also. Within 1-2 minutes walking distance from the hotel, you'll also find, a Kobe's Japanese restaurant, Shoney's, Burger King and a few gas stations as well. Plenty of parking, well lit, seems relatively safe all around. One might hear a little highway noise from their room but it didn't bother me.

They have an indoor pool that looked good, on floor #2, also a nice large exercise room with 2 treadmills, a few free weights, a couple other machines and weight machines. Plus a small laundry area on the 2nd floor.

The main floor is Floor #3, the restaurant and bar are there. Others thought the restaurant was great but I only ate there once.

The room was nice, slightly on the small size, but fine. My room had two Full size mattresses, a desk, tv, fridge, microwave etc. Bathroom was small but clean. Soap was high quality, towels were thick and very nice. Water was instantly hot which was a plus. Water itself was a little harder than I'm used to, so it took a little longer for the soap to rinse off. The room seemed clean, the mattress was extra firm and pillows as well.

Advice: Be a little careful at the stoplight going out to the highway, at the corner of W. King Street and Foxcroft. It doesn't look like a dangerous intersection at all but I saw some bad accidents while there. I don't know the details but saw a small car about 50% crushed and a firetruck blocked off the road for some time. This was around noon on a Wednesday I believe. Also the fire dept. came to the hotel twice while I was there, I guess someone pulled the firealarm.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank gotaluvme
Reviewed August 12, 2009

We were at this Hotel for 5 days each day the room was serviced as expected and all supplies were replaced. The Pool was claean and plesant. The staff was friendely and the food was better that Hotel food. All in All the Stay was very good.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Geoark1946
Reviewed May 31, 2009

Very nice new hotel just off the highway in West Virginia. While a road trip recently we stopped here... standard Holiday Inn rooms but everything was new, so it had a nice feel... Aside from some cranky staff at the front desk, the hotel was a good choice to stop for a night after hours of driving.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mtsmith131
Reviewed November 11, 2008

We just came back from a out of town trip to Martinsburg, WV. We were there for a wedding. The wedding was at 2pm which is before check in. Thanks to the hotel staff we were able to check in prior to that to have time to freshen up and get dressed for the wedding. The room was very clean, and had just been renovated. We had all the necessaries, microwave, refrigerator coffee maker, iron ironing board, hair dryer, toiletries. Nice king size bed.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank diva59