All reviewssmall dognice hotelin house restaurantoff the highwaythe past yearsfront desk staffcomfortable bedenjoyable staynice roomample parkingwest virginiaparking loteasy accesspetbrandondogsmicrowave
Reviewed June 19, 2006

We just returned from a 2 day stay June2006.
This hotel is being renovated--actually they are building a new hotel and connecting it to the old..
The room was super--super comfortable bed, clean. Service was great. The kids loved the two pools. There is a fitness center that we did not use (too tired from kayaking). There is a resturant but we did not use it It is close to a mall and all kinds "big chain" eateries.
The only complaint would be construction clutter--the ceiling outside the room had exposed wires/ductwork etc.It did not bother us in the least

We used this hotel as a base to explore Harpers Ferry/whitewater rafting and as a starting point to the Shennedoah Valley.
We paid 99 night interent rate (extra $5 to have reservation that could be changed if needed)
We would stay here again!!

• Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank Kapkid
Reviewed September 24, 2005

my 3rd time at this holiday inn. in 12 months on my trips from england. the staff are like everyone you meet in martinsburg friendly helpful and they do everything to make your stay very welcome. lovely little bar and the barstaff take the time to talk and get to know you. i have stayed in many hotels in dc and wv area but i always return to martinburg holiday inn when i can. excellent staff, clean and good sized rooms and a short walk from the excellent martinsburg mall.

• Stayed: May 2005
1  Thank OnAir18220
Reviewed August 4, 2005

For work reason I stayed in this hotel for about 5 month in different periods in the last 3 years.
I am a european and I am used to travel in many places around the world. I stayed in many hotels of different categories but I never experience a bad staying like this last one.
Before I experienced:
- room dirty so I have to fight with manager and the housekeeper to find out a standard that was acceptable. At the end it was.
- I stayed in many rooms and I hope you don't suffer the vicinity of Interstate 81 where bullet trailers run all 24 hr a day, higher you get the noise will become louder.
- the service at the restaurant for breakfast in the morning is quite slow so be prepared in advance to avoid delays in your daily schedule. I have to train them to my european taste: you can't eat full breakfast each morning if you don't want to gain 10 pounds in a month. The cooker is good, the service is nice but some time, especially when the resturant is quite empty you feel not relaxed atmosphere. You will understand immediately which is the best waiter.
- be lucky to avoid discussion with the manager; it is not a friendly subject. He is a straight man, so don't expect you will have any chance to be satisfied if you complaint to priority club: they can do nothing really. The only chance is you don't come back.
- First time in my life I was considered not welcomed in a hotel utilizing compassionate lies not worth to be replied.

So if you have to stay there for short period it is ok, for long time look for other location.

PS: presently the hotel is partly renewed (finally) but all floors are like a scrapeyard. Works start at 8.00 am, so I hope that you have already woke up for that time, otherwise you will receive an accomplished morning call maybe with a lift or a hammer beat.

• Stayed: August 2005, traveled on business
7  Thank hoppy_poppy
Reviewed December 7, 2003

The rooms were clean. Staff friendly. Like the other guest, I was very annoyed because of the public pool and excercise facility. Tried to swim with my children, but only stayed in the pool 5 minutes as there were so many people that were not hotel guests using it. If you stay and do not plan on leaving your room it would be fine.

4  Thank Denise L
Management response:Responded February 7, 2006

Holiday Inn Martinsburg is proud to announce that 'Martinsburg Health and Fitness Center' has closed its doors to the outside public. We now offer our fitness center and spacious indoor pool for hotel guests only. We hope you will come and enjoy for yourself!

Reviewed October 1, 2003

I'm from Martinsburg and when I come into town with my family we only stay here! I love the location, Heatherfields Restaurant, and the staff!!

1  Thank hatolbert