“Fido welcome”

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Martinsburg
Germany
“Fido welcome”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was very standard what you would expect from a chain hotel like this.
Pros:
-takes dogs and has plenty of grass areas to walk the dogs
-friendly staff
-quiet room
-non smoking was really non smoking, I did not smell trace of smoke what you often do in "non smoking rooms"
-everything in the room seemed to be in working order

Cons:
-just a room, carpets could use shampooing
-breakfast buffet charged extra for tea and coffee which normally is included in breakfast buffet
-it would be nice to have small couch in the room instead of one small chair

• Stayed September 2013
HolidayInnMRBWV, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
@aut0bahn: Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg. I appreciate you taking the time to tell others about the experience you had at our hotel. I appreciate your kind words about our hotel and the staff. While we provided a satisfactory stay for you - I appreciate your honesty on ways that we can better our geust experience. Thank you again for your time and choosing our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Martinsburg, West Virginia
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Recently my work took me to Martinsburg.We were assigned to stay at the Holiday Inn. The front desk staff had everything in order upon arrival,and was very acommadating when I needed help sending paperwork to my home office.My room was very clean,and the housekeepers would ask if I needed anything ,even after room service was done.the hotel does not offer a continental breakfast, but has an excellent restaurant. Prices were very reasonable,and if you took the time to fill out a rewards membership you got a 15 percent discount. Food gets an A rating for buffets and menu items. I worked long shifts and it was nice to have a clean room and good food available.I seen some other hotels in this town ,and I would only stay here or the Hampton. It was a nice stay.

Room Tip: Make sure to get your rewards car
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
@ Kevin S: Thank you for your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg. I appreciate you taking the time to tell everyone about your great experiences here at our hotel. We hope that we will see you the next time work/play brings you back to our area. Thanks again for your kind words. Have a great week!
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I spent maybe about 8 hours in this hotel, so unfortunately I didn't get a chance to stay here long, but My room was nice and large, my bed was a king size, and it was comfortable, and the TV was new and it worked!

No complaints!

Arrived at about 1130pm and the Front desk clerk, an older gentlemen kindly directed us to a place were we could get some food at that time of night.

The area is surrounded by dining establishments!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnMRBWV, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
@Bsmith0731: Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg, WV for your recent stay. I glad that you were very pleased with your time at our Inn. I hope that in the future you will have more time to relax and enjoy all of the amenities that we have to offer. We look forward to your next visit with us! Thanks again for staying the at the Holiday Inn - Martinsburg.
District Heights, Maryland
Reviewed September 6, 2013

For the cost of the room, I thought it should have been nicer. The hotel itself was clean but the posittioning of the TV was crazy. The bar and restaurant should have been open later. !!

My family member who had gotten married that day gave me a tour of the "SUITE" with the hot tub or whatever it was suppose to be. Tacky!!!!!!The young man who provided room service was wonderful. Very nice polite and informative in providing directions. Way to go BRANDON. Thanks once again.
Please fix those hotel luggage carts oh my!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
@mcb20020: Thank you for recently staying at the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg, WV. I appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay. I apologize that you did not find our hotel as accommodating as others. I have reviewed your comments about the position of the furniture and our restaurant / lounge hours with the hotel General Manager and owner. We have since repaired one of our luggage carts after being notified by another guest. Thanks again for staying at our Inn and we hope that you will join us again in the future.
Manning, South Carolina
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have been trying to give hotels a good rating based on my stay, but as of lately I will be rating them and commenting on the equipment. This hotel for the most part was clean, the first floor room was not as nice as the room we stayed in before ,i give the a overall 8,but the hotel luggage carts is shameful for them they are receiving a average rating, I suggest you bring your own

Room Tip: Bring your own luggage cart
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnMRBWV, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
@William J: Thank you for recently staying at the Holiday Inn and your continued loyalty to our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay. I apologize that you did not enjoy your visit as much as the last time, but am glad you found the majority of your stay to be a pleasant one. Thanks for pointing out the cleanliness of our property - our housekeeping department works very hard keeping up with our property. Please note, we recently repaired one of our luggage carts - perhaps this was the one that presented those challenges for you. Your comments and feedback have been passed along to our upper management and ownership. We look forward to hosting you again on your next visit. Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg.
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I stay at the Holiday Inn in Martinsburg a few times a year for work. Consistently clean and comfortable rooms and friendly staff. Rooms are generously sized, with good quality linens. Water pressure in the shower was fantastic (especially since my water pressure at home is on the weak side). Only down side to my stay was a disappointing experience with the on site restaurant. The food is average at best. Conference center does a nice job and staff for those events have been friendly and helpful. Great government rate on rooms. Location is easy to access and near a Wal-Mart and other stores.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnMRBWV, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
@NCinWV: Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stays at the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg. We appreciate your continued business and for staying with us each time you are in town. Thank you for the generous compliments about our rooms and the staff. I have passed your comments along to our Food and Beverage Director so that they can be reviewed and corrected for future stays. Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg - we look forward to hosting you again!
wv
Reviewed August 21, 2013

The workers at the front desk need some training in Customer Relations because they were not very friendly or accommodating to my requests.I requested the top floor and when they gave me my key it was for the second floor I told them that I wanted the top floor and they gave me the 3rd floor but the hotel has 5 floors..Also there is no recognition for being a priority rewards platinum member. The room was clean and good size there but is no free breakfast because they have a restaurant on sight.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
HolidayInnMRBWV, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
@cainrcc: Thank you for recently staying at the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg and being an IHG Platinum Rewards Member. We appreciate your continued loyalty to the IHG Brands and for taking the time to tell us about your experiences at our hotel. I apologize that you were not greeted with the typical level of service that we offer at our Inn. I will be reveiwing your comments with the entire guest services department so that we can correct any issues for future stays. Also, I apologize that we were unable to meet your floor preference requests upon checkin. All of our front desk agents are trained to try to meet guest requests if available. I will also review this policy with them to make sure there are no questions. I hope that you will join us again so that we can make a better impression on you the second time. Please contact me, Colin Hitt, Guest Services Manager, so that I can personally secure your reservation for you. Thanks again for your feedback and for choosing the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg for your stay.