Holiday Inn Martinsburg
$50
$69
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsindoor poolsmall dognice hotelbusiness tripin house restaurantoff the highwaythe past yearscomfortable bedenjoyable staynice roomhousekeeping staffample parkingwest virginiaeasy accessparking lotpetbrandon
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Very nice, clean room. Good smell when you walk into the room. Comfortable beds, nice linens, you have your choice of firm or soft pillows which I thought was a nice touch. The towels in the bathroom were very soft! I looked at the tag because I wanted to see if I could get some. They were "Holiday Inn Towel Collection" lol. I'm a sucker for the little creature comforts, cleanliness, and smells. I always look for hairs & mildew in the bathroom - I found the bathroom and shower/tub to be very clean.
The clerk was able to accommodate my request for a room near an entrance because I had people in my party who can't walk very far.
The only drawback was that there was no ice machine on the hall. I had to walk to the other end of the hallway, take the elevator to the 3rd floor (off the lobby) to get to the only ice machine. Not convenient at all!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnMRBWV, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

@ Melissa G: Thanks for choosing the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg for your recent stay. We appreciate your business and want to thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and the comfort / cleanliness of the Holiday Inn - Martinsburg. I am sorry that we did not have an Ice Machine on the floor in which you stayed. On your next stay, I would recommend that you request to be on either the 3rd, 4th, or 5th floors (all of which have an ice machine) as a means to correct that inconvenience. Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn - Martinsburg. Have a great weekend.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed here because our grand daughter wanted to have her wedding and reception here. I must say that the wedding and reception were nicely done. The rooms at this hotel are very nice and roomy with large TVs and a good selection of stations. I did not used the wired internet service but the wireless was very poor. I might have been the location of the room as we were a long ways from the office but I feel it should have worked better. The biggest downside to this stay was the morning buffet. While the price was fair the food was not. We ate towards the end of the breakfast buffet time and some items were no longer available and the eggs were cold. We asked our server about the poor selection and was told that they make a set amount of each item and when it's gone, its gone. I would recommend that you eat elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnMRBWV, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

@Norm_Nice_Guy: Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg for your recent stay. I am glad that we could be a part of your granddaughters special weekend. We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback so that we can improve our quality and service in the future. Thanks again for staying with us - we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I have been using this property for a number of years for business. I sponsor a Suicide Prevention Workshop and have over 100 participants in attendance. The staff starting with Ms. Sandy Rideour, Director of Sales and Catering who takes care of all of our needs and makes our staff truly outstanding, excellent professional. The next staff person was the IT person, Matt. One of the kindest people you want to meet when you putting on a workshop. He was very helpful in making sure all of our IT needs were met. The front desk staff very kind, staff in the restaurant were also very professional. Whomever trains these folks has done an outstanding job along with the hiring.

Room Tip: If you plan on using the pool you may want to stay on the second floor, especially if you have children. I imagine all of the rooms are equal in their accomadations.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnMRBWV, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

@Godfather26: Thank you for continually choosing the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg for your events. We truly appreciate all of your business. Thanks for the kind words about the entire staff here at the Holiday Inn. I will be sure to pass your compliments along to each department. We look forward to hosting your group back in the future. Have a great week!!!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was very clean. I slept well because the bed was comfortable and the surroundings were so quiet. We made a last minute request to accomodate last minute guests. The staff did their best to make us comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

@ Terry T: Thank you for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg. I appreciate the kind words about our friendly staff. They truly work really hard to ensure that the rooms are clean and as many special requests are made. Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg and we look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there for business purposes. Breakfast is good, spacious parking, bed are not as comfortable as other Hiltons but you have a choice of pillows: soft or firm. Just don't get thirsty in the middle of the night if toy don't have cash for the vending maching. That obviously happened to me and went to the front desk to see my options and for my surprise the overnight agent stated "well, there's nothing you can do". Long story short, I ended up drinking water from the bathroom sink. I would stay again because of my loyalty to the company. Overall, is the perfect hotel to stay because is really close to my clients in west Virginia.

• Stayed: May 2013
HolidayInnMRBWV, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

@Romero-Peraza: Thank you for your continued business staying with us at the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg and your loyalty to the Holiday Inn brand. Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your stay and am glad you enjoyed the breakfast and spacious parking lots. We appreciate your feedback and I apologize if our staff member did not use the best response when speaking to you about your thirst. We will address this with the front desk staff so that we can provide a better level of customer service in the future. Please note that Holiday Inn is a member of the Intercontinental Hotel Group (IHG) and not the Hilton brand as you noted in your survey. Thanks again for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We hope that you will choose us again in the future.