“Convenient!”

Holiday Inn Martinsburg
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Martinsburg
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there for business purposes. Breakfast is good, spacious parking, bed are not as comfortable as other Hiltons but you have a choice of pillows: soft or firm. Just don't get thirsty in the middle of the night if toy don't have cash for the vending maching. That obviously happened to me and went to the front desk to see my options and for my surprise the overnight agent stated "well, there's nothing you can do". Long story short, I ended up drinking water from the bathroom sink. I would stay again because of my loyalty to the company. Overall, is the perfect hotel to stay because is really close to my clients in west Virginia.

• Stayed: May 2013
HolidayInnMRBWV, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

@Romero-Peraza: Thank you for your continued business staying with us at the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg and your loyalty to the Holiday Inn brand. Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your stay and am glad you enjoyed the breakfast and spacious parking lots. We appreciate your feedback and I apologize if our staff member did not use the best response when speaking to you about your thirst. We will address this with the front desk staff so that we can provide a better level of customer service in the future. Please note that Holiday Inn is a member of the Intercontinental Hotel Group (IHG) and not the Hilton brand as you noted in your survey. Thanks again for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We hope that you will choose us again in the future.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Because it has a large event wing, this hotel can get quite full and busy. We stayed over a weekend when a wedding reception occurred, with many guests also staying at the hotel. We had also scheduled a family dinner for 12 in Heatherfield's the on site restaurant. I must say that I was entirely satisfied that there is no decrease in service to guests both in the hotel and restaurant due to full capacity. Service and food were both excellent, and the staff couldn't have been any more accommodating. Beginning with Colin, Manager, and all others we encountered, we received caring service. Matt, Food and Beverage Manager, was extremely helpful in planning our event. They served a celebratory dessert that we had brought in earlier and given to Brandon, a polite and professional restaurant employee. The rooms were clean, comfortable and quiet. The well-instructed staff are uniformly pleasant and helpful. As we stayed for multiple days, our room staff even checked about our needs. The towels are thick and soft enough. Minor things I would have changed would be having two-ply t.p., a different fragrance of soap, and refill of the free coffee in the morning near the restaurant more frequently, although there is also coffee-making equipment in each room. None of these prevents me from giving this hotel highest marks for great service and their desire to meet my needs.

Room Tip: Some road noise from I-81 the farther down the corridor the room is located.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnMRBWV, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

@KayRuth: Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay / meals at the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg. We are happy that we could be a part of your special weekend here in Martinsburg. Also, thank you for the comments of ways that we can improve our guest satisfaction here at the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg. I will be sure to share those comments in our next manager meeting. Next time your in the area, call me, Colin Hitt (Guest Services Manager) so that I can personally secure your reservation for you. We look forward to hosting you again! Have a great week!!!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Here one night for business. Colin was very friendly and helpful at check-in. Other staff were friendly and professional as well. Room was very large though the bathroom was a bit small. Comfortable bed, good quality linens. Clean and comfortable. Great location just off I-81 with shops and restaurants close by. Top pick for when I am in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnMRBWV, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

@NCinWV: Thank you so much for choosing the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg, WV for your stay. I greatly appreciate your kind words in reference to the staff here at the Holiday Inn. We hope that you will choose our hotel the next time your going to be in our area. Please call me directly - Colin Hitt - Guest Services Manager so that I can personally secure your next reservation. Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

My girlfriend and I had just recently stayed here (3/27) in order to be in the location for an education job interview. From the second we pulled off of I-81, it was in a great location. Directly off of the interstate there is a few restaurants, gas stations, and hotels. Its a few miles from down town Martinsburg, and it really is a great stop whether your staying in the area for a few days, or if your here for an overnight traveling to your next destination. The hotel was quiet, clean and everyone was very genuine. The bed was comfortable, the pool was nice and the breakfast area was nice. The rooms were clean and quaint. I would definitely recommend staying here for any future stays. The staff will do their best to take care of you. I definitely would be back again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnMRBWV, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

@CHRISTOPHER W: Thanks for choosing the Holiday Inn Martinsburg, WV for your recent stay with your girlfriend. We appreciate your kind words about our hotel property and look forward to serving you again in the future. I am glad you loved our close proximity to all of the restaurants, shopping, and service stations. Also, we always enjoy hosting people that are potentially moving to our area for work or recreation. Please contact me, Colin Hitt, Guest Services Manager at the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg, WV so that I can personally secure your next reservation with us. Thanks again and have an awesome weekend!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My wife and I had stayed here previously and again we were delighted with the service, cleanliness and especially the restaurant. The chef has been there 10 years and produces some wonderful meals for being a motel dining room. All the employees are most helpful and extremely friendly. A great place to stay and right off the interstate. We recommend this motel highly.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnMRBWV, Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

@ Robert A: Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn - Martinsburg, WV during your travels. We appreciate you taking the time to complete our review and all the kind words about our property. I am glad that you and your wife loved staying with us. We look forward to serving you again in the future. If you need assistance with a future reservation - please contact me directly, Colin Hitt, Guest Services Manager at the Holiday Inn - Martinsburg, WV. I will be happy to personally make your reservation. Have a great weekend!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

From the moment you walk through the doors to check in, to the moment you leave, everyone there genuinely cares that your stay is a great experience. The rooms are super clean and quiet. The bed is over the top comfortable, the shower is adjustable so you get the right spray for you and plenty of hot water. I can't wait to travel back through the area so I can stay there again!!

Room Tip: Room 508 has a whirlpool tub that is roomy for two with plenty of jets and pressure to help soothe t...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnMRBWV, Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

@ FANOFCHAMP: Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn - Martinsburg, WV. I am glad that you loved your most recent visit. We look forward to having you back again the next time you are in our area. Feel free to contact me directly to secure your next reservation at the Holiday Inn - Martinsburg, WV.

Enjoy your weekend,

Colin Hitt
Guest Services Manager
Holiday Inn, Martinsburg, WV

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a business trip. It was very easy to get to, right off the highway. The location is very close to a mall, multiple places to eat, (both fast food and sit down), a Walmart, and a 24 hour grocery store, and it didn’t require getting back on the highway. The hotel was very clean and smelled very nice. The hotel staff was very sociable. They also were very helpful with giving directions.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnMRBWV, Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

@wvparrothead: Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn - Martinsburg. We appreciate your nice thoughts about your most recent stay. Our proximity to I-81 allows our guests for a quick stop during their travels or a great hub if you will be in the area for an extended time. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to serving you in the future. Thanks again for choosing our Inn.