Holiday Inn Martinsburg
GardenInn.com
$63
Heritage Inn(Martinsburg)
$50
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsindoor poolsmall dognice hotelbusiness tripin house restaurantoff the highwaythe past yearsroom was spaciousenjoyable stayhousekeeping staffample parkingeasy accesswest virginiaparking lotpetbrandondogs
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My wife stayed there the night of Nov. 22 so she wouldn't have to get up early and drive to 28 miles work on black friday. She said everything was great. It was close her job and made it easy for her to get some rest. She said the room was awesome and everything was perfect when she walked in the room.

Room Tip: At Holiday Inn you know what your getting. No bad surprises most times.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Brooks321
HolidayInnMRBWV, Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

@Brooks321 - Thanks again for the kind words about our hotel property. We hope that you come stay with us again in the near future! Happy Holidays!

Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Very nice hotel...

Great customer service...

Good restaurant on site...

HD TV, good wifi, fridge, microwave, very comfortable king bed, very very clean...

Newly renovated... Awesome customer service...

A very good experience; thanks!

• Stayed: November 2012
HI_Martinsburg25401, Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thanks for your stay and your kind words about the Holiday Inn - Martinsburg. I noticed you mentioned HD TV - currently we have added new flat-panel TV in all the rooms. We are still waiting on getting the actual HD sevice, but should be installed in the next two weeks! Thanks again for the compliments and we look forward to seeing you back at the Holiday Inn - Martinsburg for future stays!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I chose this hotel after reading all the travel advisor comments & am so glad! After a long day in Berkeley Springs, we headed for our hotel around 8:30 p.m. Expecting it to be only about 17 miles away, it was a surprise how over the hills and through the woods the travel would be! We arrived weary and hoping our late check-in promise was a true one as we saw a guest ahead of us in line, who said he couldn't find another room in the area, turned away. Thankfully, our reservations were holding for us as promised. The hotel looks new and our rooms were clean and well-appointed with comfortable king beds, granite bathrooms & great shower. Though my room was next to the elevator & vending machines, it was quiet. We had breakfast in the restaurant which offered a $5 buffet to guests and it wasn't bad. All in all a great stay for us.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

@Whimsylou.... Thanks for the kind words and your business when traveling through our area. Our proximity to Berkeley Springs, Harpers Ferry, and even the Baltimore / Washington area makes our hotel great for guests looking for a place to sleep while on the road. We also are directly off of I-81 and a short drive to I-70 / I-68 which makes this area boom with corporate travel and industry. Thanks again for your stay and we look forward to serving you again at the Holiday Inn - Martinsburg.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We arrived on 9/8/12 for 1 night while traveling. Easy access off route 81. The grounds and lobby appeared well kept. Checking in was pleasant and quick. We had a room on the forth floor that had a nice view of the city/town. We had a king bed in a room that came with a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The bathroom was good sized and had lots of little aminities The room was nice and smelled fresh. The hotel is about 1/4 mile distance from many resturants and the mall including Walmart. We would like to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dreedree123
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My job requires me to travel back and forth to the Martinsburg area from time to time. I have stayed at the Holiday Inn on two separate occasions. Each trip was about two months long. The first time I stayed there, in June 2011, it was a very pleasant experience. I had a room with a king-size bed. The beds are very comfortable and soft. I was very impressed with the housekeeping staff on my first trip. The room was always very tidy and smelled nice after a day of work. I'm military and one day after I left my uniform hanging on a chair, I actually have the housekeeper leave me a note thanking me for my service.
The second time I stayed here, in January 2012, the housekeeping was not as good. This time I had a double bed room. During my two month stay my linens were never changed. I could tell this because stains I accidentally put on the bed from eating and writing were there until the day I checked out. I'm not saying that they should change them every day, but when you know a guest will be staying for an extended period of time I would expect them to get changed every few weeks. There also seemed to be a lack of effort as far as cleaning goes. The room would appear clean most days but the bathroom would still be dirty. At one point the bathroom had a foul smell and the toilet didn't appear clean. I had to close the bathroom door just to escape it.

The hotel itself is pretty nice. It has a decent appearance in the lobbies and the rooms. When properly kept up it is easily a higher end three-star hotel. The beds are probably the most comfortable I have ever slept in. The hotel also has a restaurant and bar. Due to the abundance of options, I didn't eat at the restaurant, but the bar was outstanding and reasonably priced. The location of the hotel is perfect. It is located at the end of a shopping mall that has several shopping centers and restaurants. Many fast food (Wendy's, McDonalds, Chic Fil A) are near by as well as many bar and grill type places (Buffalo Wild Wings, Outback, Applebee's) are within walking distance or a short drive away. Personally, I am a fitness guy and there are several basketball courts and a jogging/biking trail close by. This hotel is also close to the ANG base. About 17 miles down the road there is a town called Haggerstown, MD. This is a good spot for nightlife and shopping. I frequently visited the outlet mall in Haggerstown to buy clothes.

Overall, I enjoyed my stays at this hotel. I would stay there again if I was back in town. The location and the comfortable beds more than made up for the lack of housekeeping on my 2nd stay.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper ask for a room in the middle of the front side of the hotel. There is a highway on the back side and there is trafffic toward the mall area on the front side. I, personally, don't get bothered by the highway, but I have had a room in the middle and heard nothing and have also had a room on the highway side and heard noise.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BFree211
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Dear BFree211,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I'm so glad you liked the fantastic location of our hotel, as well as the facilities we have on-site. Your comments encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. I would like to offer my sincerest apology for the issues you had with the housekeeping you received during your second stay with us and any inconvenience may have caused you. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to serve you again should your travels bring you back to Martinsburg, WV.

Anthony M