“worst place to eat”

Blue-White Grill
Ranked #16 of 170 Restaurants in Martinsburg
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 5, 2013

its dirty, saw roaches running across table. food was overcooked. waitresses were very rude. and it took long time to get my food.

2  Thank edward790

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stumbled upon this when taking a side trip off the Interstate. They have the original burgers for less than $2. I paid more for the fries! I only needed a snack and a rest, so it was perfect. The burger had sauted onion and was small and well cooked. The service was crack, cafe filled the whole time of my visit. This is a good chance to experience mom and pop food at its best! It's on a main street in an utterly beautifully maintained town of Victorian buildings with harvest decorations on every storefront and parking meter. Americana at its best here!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Restaurant has old fashion feel, tables are not very roomy if a party of greater than 2 are involved. Walking space is almost non existent. Men who enjoy the televisions while dining will enjoy this experience. Waiter was full of energy with friendly greeting. Food flavor varied depending on the product. For a small restaurant not in a seafood town crab soup was good. Veggies had no taste and Cajan chicken was flavorless but was spicy. The price for the sitting was aqueduct but flavor was desired. Side order portion of mix vegetables was more to be desired. For those who love pie this place excels and is a definite must try.

Overall if your looking for a cheap meal with great service this is your place but don't expect great quality. Dessert is very favorable!

Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Chose this classic-looking restaurant in the hopes of experiencing some local flavor. What I got instead was a mouthful of unshelled shrimp when I bit into my sandwich. After gagging on the thin shells, and finally excusing myself to the restroom, the staff offered me another dish. In the end, it too was horrible, and they charged me for both. I'm in Martinsburg every year, but never again will I visit the Blue & White.

2  Thank JamesPMason
Reviewed August 16, 2012

When you are making that long road trip on interstate 81, this is an excellent diversion. A real throwback to the corner diner of the 1950s-1960s. Excellent burgers, old-fashioned milkshakes, and pie. We stopped on a quiet Sunday early afternoon in June, terrific.