“Poor selection in departments”
Review of Martinsburg Mall

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Martinsburg Mall
Ranked #22 of 24 things to do in Martinsburg
Martinsburg, West Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor selection in departments”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

The sales staff is spread quite thin and the selections are very small. There was no one in sight when i needed assistance. After searching for a sales person, I had to remember where I was when I needed the I help. Once I explained and asked my question, the sales rep. just said "no, this is all we have", without even trying to appease me by checking. This is especially true in the Boys Department.

The General Managers need to spend some time bringing this dated looking & feeling location up to par with other sites. If the store was as nice as the ones in the bigger cities, more customers would shop. This store has to be a loser for the company the way it is now.

I feel that if they (the company) spruced up this location just a little, customers would respond by spending money there rather than having to drive to the better more cheery locations.

I transplanted from a big city, where JCPenny is huge, and all of their locations are equally great. I would like to love my new town's JCPenny too.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Kristal C

36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Looking Forward to Improvements”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I hate to jump on the bandwagon, and give this mall a poor rating, but it is what it is. There are still some great stores here. We love the selection at BonTon (although the prices are steep), the younger crowd love the Claire's, Deb, Rue 21, and the As Seen On TV toys and more store. The import dollar market is a blast!!! Do not waste your time and money at the arcade, however. This is the worst of any I have ever been to! The payout on the machine is lousy, and even on the kiddie play til you win games! The claw machine just opened and closed the claw; it didn't even try to look legit by dropping even! There are several options for hair, home decor, etc. The food court has a tiny selection, but the pizza place is great. We really love the folks over at the diner, too! This is a great place to visit with small children, especially in the winter or on a rainy day. There is a free colorful fun playplace for little ones. There's minigolf inside. There is even a train that gives rides around the mall!! The bathrooms are decent, just wish there were more. The layout can be confusing like some others have mentioned. There is even an official US post office near the food court for convenience. Before you leave, don't forget to stop by one of the fun photo booths. For just $2 you can commemorate your day with 8 little photos. When there are events here, they really pack it out, and it is a happening location once again! I would love to see more large events held here. The addition of a drop-in center or even a kids bounce house place would be great. It has loads of potential, but unfortunately it is just not living up to it. Under the right management, it could be hopping. I heard it recently got bought out again, this time by a company that knows what it is doing, so looking forward to seeing some improvements.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Lauren T
Georgia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Not much to see here”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Most of the stores are closed, or mediocre. They do have JC Penny, Bonton, and a few barber shops. For real shopping go to Hagerstown or Winchester.

Visited June 2014
Bunker Hill, West Virginia
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“a super quiet mall!”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

The mall is very quiet with shops keep going out of business. There aren't many numerous shop and I don't really go there unless I need to go shopping at Bonton or attend those events inside the mall. There is also JCPenny but it's very small. In my opinion, it's worth driving to Hagerstown or Winchester for shopping. I wish they could do much better job in keeping the mall more attractive to people. I hope there will be more shops and such in the future. The only attractive place inside the mall is the miniature golf.

Visited January 2014
west virginia
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“I'd rather go to Hagerstown”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

The only thing I ever go to that mall for, which is rare, is Claire's or JCPenney. But only if I really need something because it's convenient for me. And I normally can find what I am looking for at these two stores.
This is a dead mall. It used to be busier, but you can even go on a Saturday and it not be that busy.
They would attract more people if they put a couple of teen clothing stores such as Aeropostale and American Eagle, or Old Navy, and maybe even a Macy's.
And then they should have more events to bring more people in to the mall.
Also, there is nothing in the food court, and if you want to sit down, take your pick! Never busy, but I can see why.

And in any case, if I am able to, I go to Hagerstown Mall.

Visited December 2013