Motel 6 Martinsburg
$64
$65
Heritage Inn(Martinsburg)
$50
Quality Inn & Suites(Kearneysville)
$80
All reviewswell lit at nightwood floorssheetz convenience storerose bushesflat screen tv with cablelaundry facilitiesfree coffeethe young ladyclean roomsrefrigerator and microwaveeasy accesskeep up the good workoff the highwaystores and restaurantsvery nice hotelwater pressurestaff was friendly
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Hotel looks like it was redone not too long ago. The rooms have a modern feel to them, and everything seemed to be nice and clean. The rooms are very basic though - no shampoo, tissues, or even a clock (in my room, anyway). There is a microfridge and microwave in the room, which is nice. The bed was comfortable, and there is a flat screen TV. There are also a few places to get some food right near by, as well as super easy access to the highway.

Overall, a good place, and an absolute steal for the money, as long as your just looking for a place to sleep.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
parishivam2000, Manager at Motel 6 Martinsburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at Motel 6 - Martinsburg, WV #4587

Your feedback will be shared with the team to serve as a recognition and encouragement: as we strive to continuously improve our guest experience.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

This motel's owners clearly take great pride in their establishment, and it shows. Pet friendly room with microwave and small refrigerator. Clean, comfortable beds. Room and property in general were clean. For one-third the cost of many other motels/hotels, we stayed for 3 nights in a safe, pleasant, comfortable room that actually had a few frills. I'll recommend this Motel 6 to my friends and beyond doubt will stay there again if in that area. I've stayed at a few other Motel 6s and been disappointed - but this one far, far exceeded my expectations. One other thing - Though it's right beside Interstate 81, it's quiet. Unless you think you have to have a more expensive place, save your $40-$100 and stay here.

Room Tip: Ground level rooms preferable for the obvious reason.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed here for one night while on the road. Never stayed at a Motel 6 before, but Trip Advisor ratings suggested it was a great stopover in Martinsburg.
I was very pleasantly surprised by the very unique interior of the room. I loved the wood floors without carpeting and beds that were elevated off the floor. The rooms were clean and the beds looked most inviting. New flat screen TV's mounted on the walls were a nice touch. A fridge and microwave was a nice amenity.
The owners are very friendly, even on the phone, when I called to reserve the room. They made me feel like I was most welcomed. It appears to be a family owned Motel and they seem to take a great deal of pride in the property. Even the landscaping and lighting were lovely.
My only complaints included (1) No alarm clock next to the beds and (2) A "musty" odor in the bathroom from the floor. I think the wood floors need to be replaced with tile. (3) The only thing available in the morning is coffee, but there is a McDonald's right accross the street.
Other than the above, it is a geat place to stop on I-81 for the night. The $49 rate was most reasonable, and I would definitely recommend this for a stop along the way.
I would definitely stop there again as I frequently travel this route.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I was on a trip on my bike from Quebec,Canada to the Blue Ridge Parkway. Left home at 6:30am. and stopped for gas near this motel at 7:30pm. I was just an hour away from the BRP and was undecided whether going back on the highway or stay there. Finally i decided to call it a day. I saw this motel and got a room for the night. Wow what a find! Cheap price, super clean, freshly renovated a few years ago, nice deco, flat screen cable tv, connection ports, like usb etc, to charge up your electronics. Friendly manager, give it a try. Forget the reviews about the roaches....probably just people staying on the ground floor and left their door open during the night and crickets got in attracted by some light. There is a difference between those two insects you know. It's true that this motel is "better than your usual motel 6". Will stop there again on my next trip to the BRP next year. Plus it is close to the highway and there is a Wal-Mart superstore across the boulevard.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed September 16, 2012

I was returning from my recent trip from Salem, VA and it was late at night .........and the girlfriend wanted me to get a room and get off the road.................so we got off the exit in Martinsburg, WV.We went straight to Motel 6 and we checked in.We had our dog with us and it was good to know that the hotel is pet friendly.We paid like $63 with tax.Our room was on the ground floor and that was very good for us to walk the dog.The room had nice beds and a the room was very clean.I would stay here again.Keep up the good job.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tavish S
parishivam2000, General Manager at Motel 6 Martinsburg, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear our valued guest
We very much appreciate your comment regarding your stay at motel 6 martinsburg,WV
I will share your compliment with our staff.I am sure this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all our team members as we strive to continuously improve quality of our services.

Sincereley